Senior Maintenance Supervisor
SENIOR MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
$1,000.00 Sign-On Bonus for New Hires!!**
Located in the heart of the Back Bay, 140 Clarendon Street (also known as the YWCA) is an iconic thirteen story brick building. Beacon’s acquisition of the building will preserve the cultural and education uses that are currently in the building, including the YWCAs offices, Lyric Stage Theatre, Viga, a tailor and the City of Boston’s Snowden International School. Upon acquisition, Beacon will begin rehabilitating the building to create 210 affordable apartments. Of the 210 apartments, 111 will provide invaluable housing for households currently experiencing homelessness. Case management services for these residents will be provided by the Pine Street Inn.
General Statement of Duties: Supervises the property’s maintenance and facilities operations to maintain the physical condition and appearance of one or more properties that will enhance the value of the community. Communicates and utilizes company operating and safety standards. Supervises maintenance staff. Maintains property’s equipment and machinery. Develops and adheres to maintenance budget and expenditures.
Supervision Received: Reports to Property Manager(s).
Supervision Exercised: Supervises direct reports as assigned.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all duties that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Supervises a large maintenance team (ten ore more employees) for one or more properties.
- Serves as company representative with contractors and temporary staff.
- Schedules and assists with daily operations (service orders, repaints/recarpets, apartment turnovers, etc).
- Reviews and tracks progress of service orders.
- Schedules emergency on-call shifts and after-hours maintenance assignments.
- Assists with troubleshooting problems that are beyond the maintenance team’s ability.
- Assists with training maintenance staff.
- Monitors inventory and purchases of maintenance supplies. Prepares purchase orders, requisitions, and contracts for maintenance equipment, supplies and services.
- Develops and adheres to maintenance budget. Authorizes maintenance expenditures.
- Conducts apartment and property inspections.
- Monitors completion of preventive maintenance schedule.
- Oversees and assists with managing property emergencies such as snow emergencies, fires, and floods.
- Maintains decorating replacement schedules. Oversees and schedules unit and common area painting.
- Schedules and coordinates exterior siding repairs, emergency roof repairs, and minor HVAC repairs.
- Coordinates the pick up and delivery of supplies. May use company vehicle or personal vehicle when necessary.
- Completes daily operations of service orders, apartment turnovers, etc.
- Preserves and respects resident and applicant confidentiality.
- Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, communities and associated agencies.
- Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules and regulations.
Education, Training and Experience: Any combination of education, training and experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described, including 7-10 years of related building or property maintenance supervisory work experience. Certified apartment Maintenance Technician preferred. Designated certifications where required for property type.
Qualifications and Skills: Knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use of hand tools and small power tools. Ability to manage maintenance staff. Must possess neat and orderly work habits. Maintains a valid driver's license. Possesses adequate knowledge of plumbing, electrical, carpentry and heating standard practices. Professional demeanor and solid interpersonal skills. Ability to handle emergency and pressure sensitive situations due to complexity and time sensitivity when resolving problems.
Physical Capabilities: Candidate must be able to lift 50 pounds, climb and work on ladders, work with arms raised over head, stand/walk for long periods of time, climb stairs, bend at waist and knees to lift boxes, appliances, furniture, shovel snow, etc.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
Beacon Management Competencies required for Management positions:
Decision-Making / Judgment, Communication, Budgets/Cost Control, Managing For Results, People Development.
Beacon Senior Maintenance Supervisor Competencies required:
Job Knowledge, Problem Solving/Analysis, Work Environment Safety, Planning, Interpersonal Skills.
**$500 payable with first paycheck
$500 payable after 90 days of employment
(New hires only)
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class.
Beacon Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job Family Maintenance
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- Boston, MA, USA