Boston, MA, USA Req #622
Friday, July 2, 2021
At Beacon, we strive to make a difference in our residents’ lives. We build outstanding communities that make enduring contributions to the vitality of our cities and towns. We create communities that serve a diverse cross section of our society. Our communities are healthy and vibrant. Why? Because they are planned with care, consideration, and compassion.
Company Overview: Founded in 2004, Beacon Communities LLC is a privately-owned real estate firm that develops, acquires, invests in, and manages a wide range of multifamily housing. Beacon currently owns and manages approximately 18,000 apartments including affordable housing, market rate housing, and mixed income-housing. Its developments range from new construction, to historic adaptive reuse, to the renovation of existing housing.
Reporting to the AVP, Human Resources, the Senior Recruiter is responsible for recruiting strategy, interviewing, and developing strong relationships with hiring managers throughout the company. This position must possess considerable skill in Talent Acquisition strategy, interviewing techniques, a good knowledge of all functions within the company, a basic understanding of the company's organizational structure as well as an extensive knowledge of human resources policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
- Recruits and Sources candidates on a regular basis, managing a requisition load
- Defines recruiting strategies to generate a qualified candidate pool
- Ensures hiring manager and interviewer preparedness during the interview process and that interviews are conducted efficiently and professionally
- Evaluates candidate skill level, manages offer process, including reference checks, salary recommendations, offer generation and offer acceptance/declines
- Partners with hiring managers and senior management to understand business requirements, provide market guidance, and refine Recruitment priorities
- Improves the hiring experience with Recruitment's stakeholders; broadly defined to be candidates, new hires, hiring managers, and fellow team members
- Manages candidate activity in the applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Partners with marketing to create a strong employment brand
- Leverages social recruiting resources and in-house tools to identify and recruit the very best candidates.
- Trains contract recruiters on company recruiting process
- Screens resumes and refers qualified applicants to hiring manager for interviewing.
- Assist at times with reference and background checks.
- Maintains and provides recruiting reports
- Updates job postings
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 5 years’ recruiting experience in Property Management or a related field
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Deep understanding of the Talent Acquisition function: industry make-up and trends, candidate skillset and motivations
- Strong sourcing skills
- Strong knowledge of the latest recruiting trends and techniques
- Excellent customer service orientation with a track record of meeting and exceeding customers/client’s expectations
- Ability to gather data, to compile information, and prepare reports; then use the data to escalate potential challenges and determine if the program is on target to meet goals
- Ability to work effectively with various levels of management
- ATS experience, Dayforce preferred
- Adaptability to support roles across our multi-state portfolio
- Ability to work well autonomously while adhering to established processes and procedures
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in MS Office. Especially Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
Beacon Core Competencies Required: Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility/Confidentiality
Beacon Functional Job Competencies required for a Senior Recruiter Position:
Job Knowledge, Communication, Professionalism, Organization, Interpersonal Skills, Phone Skills, Recruiting Interviewing Skills, Supports Diversity, Employment Law, Results Driven, Judgment
Travel Requirements: May occasionally visit properties and attend offsite meetings/training seminars.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, beginning on the first of the month after hire.
- 401k with company matching, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability Insurance.
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation, 13 paid holidays.
- Summer flex scheduling options to allow for early releases on Friday from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class.
Beacon Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Beacon Communities - 2018, 2019, 2020 Boston Globe's Top Places to Work!!
- Job Family HR
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- Boston, MA, USA