Virtual Req #626
Monday, July 12, 2021
At Beacon, we strive to make a difference in our residents’ lives. We build outstanding communities that make enduring contributions to the vitality of our cities and towns. We create communities that serve a diverse cross section of our society. Our communities are healthy and vibrant. Why? Because they are planned with care, consideration, and compassion.
Company Overview: Founded in 2004, Beacon Communities LLC is a privately-owned real estate firm that develops, acquires, invests in, and manages a wide range of multifamily housing. Beacon currently owns and manages approximately 18,000 apartments including affordable housing, market rate housing, and mixed income-housing. Its developments range from new construction, to historic adaptive reuse, to the renovation of existing housing.
Position Overview: The Financial Analyst directly supports the property management function including financial statement analysis, portfolio management, valuations of residential rental communities, investor relations, coordinating or assisting with acquisitions/refinancing and dispositions and managing the property budgeting process.
This is a remote position. Please note that eligible candidates must currently reside in a state that we do business in: NY, MA, PA, MD, DC, FL, CT, KY, WV, OH, VA and ME
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze financial reports (balance sheet, income statement, etc.) on a monthly basis to assess the performance of the asset and the portfolio.
- Understand each asset, identify problem areas, and present solutions to maximize net operating income and cash flow.
- Understand the capital structure of each property and be familiar with both partnership and loan agreements.
- Ensure compliance with all covenants of property financings and fund documents.
- Manage the process of preparing annual reforecasts and annual operating and capital budgets for each asset.
- Proactively monitor business plan execution to anticipate developing issues and manage financial exposure. Communicate issues, problems, or findings to senior management staff.
- Prepare reports (financial statements, narratives, etc.) and distribute to investors, owners and others following review by the office of the CFO.
- Review and understand annual audited financial statement for each asset.
- Project cash flow and net operating income by analyzing operating data and annual budgets.
- Maintain and update financial models for the purpose of asset valuation.
- Assist with quarterly, semi-annual, or annual distributions in accordance with governing agreements.
- Lead monthly financial statement review and property performance meetings.
- Monitor key financial benchmarks including occupancy and collections.
- Oversee replacement reserve submission to lenders and agencies.
- Assist in due diligence, market analysis, and creative problem solving.
- Participate in the long term, strategic planning of assets.
- Special projects as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills:
- BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Real Estate or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of property management or asset management of real estate assets and a solid understanding financing structures.
- Experience with both affordable and market-rate multifamily properties.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Ability to effectively communicate to team members, senior management, and investors, verbal and written.
- Significant experience with financing, operations and financial modeling/analysis.
- Flexibility to travel to our properties as needed.
Why Beacon? Beacon Communities strives to make a difference in its residents’ lives. It builds outstanding communities that make enduring contributions to the vitality of the cities and towns in which they are located. Beacon creates communities that serve a diverse cross section of our society. Its communities are healthy and vibrant. Why? Because they are planned with care, consideration, and compassion.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, beginning on the first of the month after hire.
- 401k with company matching, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability Insurance.
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation, 14 paid holidays.
- Summer flex scheduling options to allow for early releases on Friday from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class. Beacon Communities -- EOE M/F/D/V.
Beacon Communities is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, ancestry, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, martial or veteran status.
- Job Family Corporate Management
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree