Accounts Payable Specialist
Administrative Assistant / Accounts Payable Specialist, Georgetowne Homes, Hyde Park, MA
General Statement of Duties: Provides administrative assistance requiring a thorough knowledge of company policies and practices. Maintains all accounts payables and resident receivables. Prepares and submits monthly bad debt reports and quarterly replacement reserve requests for Georgetowne Homes and Conway Court.
Supervision Received: Reports to Property Manager.
Supervision Exercised: N/A.
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Processes NSF’s and enters charges for Georgetowne and Conway Court.
- Completes Resident and HAP Bad Debt for Georgetowne and Conway Court.
- Enters all miscellaneous charges (lock outs, lock changes, etc.) and sends letters notifying the residents of these charges for Georgetowne and Conway Court.
- Sends security deposit interest letters/checks annually
- Complete all rent increases, utility allowance and gross rent changes for Georgetowne and Conway annually.
- Sends out letters for all HCV and PBV residents to housing authorities requesting increases for Georgetowne and Conway Court annually.
- Completes NSTAR utility allowance project annually.
- Maintains Certifications of Insurance and Service Agreements for both Georgetowne and Conway Court.
- Completes Census annually (if needed).
- Processes cash receipts for Georgetowne and Conway Court.
- Processes vendor invoices and responds to inquiries.
- Maintains vendor invoice files.
- Prepares and submits quarterly Replacement Reserve Requests for Georgetowne and Conway Court.
- Cut refund checks to residents for overpayment and enters charges in Yardi when as needed.
- Reviews and maintains Taylor Consulting utility monitoring program.
- Makes bank deposits as needed.
- Enters utility reimbursement, laundry card/key and refund/credit checks from vendors.
- Scans and deposits EIV checks.
- Maintains petty cash funds.
- Covers front desk as needed.
- Special projects as assigned by Property Manager.
- Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, communities and associated agencies.
- Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules and regulations.
Experience and Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
Qualifications and Skills: Knowledge of subsidy programs. Strong computer proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel. Solid verbal and written communication skills. English fluency; bilingual capabilities may be helpful. Must possess strong organizational skills and be detail oriented. Patient, pleasant and professional demeanor. Ability to handle emergency situations and pressure due to complexity and time-sensitivity. Ability to be an active team member within the Company.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
Administrative Assistant Functional Job Competencies required:
Job Knowledge, Interpersonal Skills, Communication, Computer Skills, Personal Organization.
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class.
- Job Family Accounting
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Hyde Park, Boston, MA, USA