Located in the heart of the Back Bay, 140 Clarendon Street (also known as the YWCA) is an iconic thirteen story brick building. Beacon’s acquisition of the building will preserve the cultural and education uses that are currently in the building, including the YWCAs offices, Lyric Stage Theatre, Viga, a tailor and the City of Boston’s Snowden International School. Upon acquisition, Beacon will begin rehabilitating the building to create 210 affordable apartments. Of the 210 apartments, 111 will provide invaluable housing for households currently experiencing homelessness. Case management services for these residents will be provided by the Pine Street Inn.
The Recertification Specialist will work closely with the existing cultural and educational organizations, the Beacon Residential Management resident services team, the Pine Street Inn case management teams, and the Back Bay community groups.
$1,000.00 Sign-On Bonus for New Hires!!**
General Statement of Duties: Interacts directly with prospective and current residents to achieve maximum occupancy. Acts as the Company’s representative by conveying the benefits of the community. Responsible for the leasing process from introduction to the actual occupancy of the resident.
Supervision Received: Reports directly to Property Manager.
Supervision Exercised: No supervisory duties required.
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Processes income certifications/recertifications for multiple affordable housing programs and updates Yardi database.
- Processes monthly Section 8 Housing Assistance Payment Billing.
- Processes and transmits TRACS (Tenant Rental Assistance Certification System)
- Greets applicants and provides instruction and guidance to prospective residents during application process.
- Coordinates leasing to include intakes, interviews, processing and preparation of applications, and their distribution.
- Coordinates and maintains waiting list.
- Prepares and maintains office and rental expense budgets.
- Assists with rent collection efforts by mailing notices to delinquent residents.
- Prepares lease packages and supplemental documents for new move-ins.
- Conducts new resident orientation.
- Special projects as assigned by property manager.
- Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, communities and associated agencies.
- Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules and regulations.
- Works patiently, professionally and cooperatively with residents and staff to provide high quality customer service.
- Preserves and respects resident and applicant confidentiality.
Education and Experience: Associates degree or equivalent is required. Certified Occupancy Specialist Designation required. Two years sales/leasing experience or equivalent. (Depending on property needs, COS experience with Project Based Section 8, Section 236, Rent Supplement and 13A experience may be needed).
Qualifications and Skills: Basic math proficiency required. Knowledge of subsidy regulations. Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel; highly motivated and able to work independently; ability to handle emergency situations and pressure due to complexity and time-sensitivity; excellent organizational and proofreading skills; attention to detail; strong interpersonal skills; high energy; ability to be an active team member within the Company.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
COS Functional Job Competencies required:
Job Knowledge, Quality, Self Development, Personal Organization, Productivity, Computer Skills.
**$500 payable with first paycheck $500 payable after 90 days of employment (New hires only)
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class.
Beacon Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job Family Compliance
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Associate Degree
- Boston, MA, USA