Affordable Housing Property Manager
General Statement of Duties: Works independently to manage and resolve all site management related issues. This individual should be familiar with housing management, budgeting, housing agency regulations related terminology and have a commitment to community building. Further, this individual must have the demonstrated capacity to work as an active member of a team comprised of on-site and off-site human service providers as well as an active resident community, to participate in joint decision-making processes and to balance competing objectives.
Supervision Received: Reports to Area Manager, Beacon Residential Management
Supervision Exercised: Manages direct reports as assigned.
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all duties that may be found in positions of this class.)
Manages financial operations of the site following company and government agency rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Develops, monitors and oversees all site management related programs, policies, plans, rules, regulations, contracts and agreements in accordance with corporate policies.
- Prepares annual operating budget; monitors and performs budget projections.
- Prepares 5 and 20-year capital needs studies.
- Ensures agency regulation compliance and deadlines for documentation.
- Prepares all reports, including monthly management, weekly marketing, delinquency/ occupancy, bad debt write-off, and expense reports.
- Performs rent collection, makes bank deposits, reconciles reports to General Ledger, processes cash receipts, security deposits and vendor invoices.
- Monitors energy/utility consumption.
- Authorizes inventory and maintenance purchases.
- Monitors turnovers and major replacements.
- Special projects as assigned by Regional Vice President.
- Maintain service agreements and current certificates of insurance from vendors.
Represents Beacon Communities to the public and collaboratively develops a partnership with local public officials, local businesses and agencies.
- Meets with Resident Services Coordinator to establish property work plans and develop course of action.
- Responds to questions and complaints from the public.
Manages the rental program utilizing forms, documents, and computer programs
following company and HUD Project Based Section 8 guidelines to assure eligibility for continued occupancy.
- Administers ADA/Section 504 reasonable accommodation policy.
- Conducts leasing process including intake and processing of applications, preparation/distribution of applicant correspondence. Interviews eligible applicants and prepares lease package. Prepares lease approvals with local housing agencies, schedules apartment inspections and obtains housing assistance payment contracts.
- Performs rent collection, processes income certifications/recertifications, and reviews agency billing.
- Processes move-ins/outs, security deposits, transfers, rent changes and Guest Card input into Yardi.
- Handles evictions.
Oversees building, grounds maintenance and security of property and follows company and HUD rules, regulations and guidelines to ensure grounds and units are properly maintained.
- Monitors and ensures execution of all aspects of site safety, accident and insurance reporting and emergency and media training.
- Enters, reviews and tracks progress of service orders in Yardi.
Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents and coordinates residents’ services for units.
- Conducts resident meetings.
- Responds to questions and complaints from residents.
- Conducts new resident orientation.
- Investigates complaints, disturbances, violations. Resolves problems.
Manages Maintenance Supervisor and oversees hiring, termination and performance management decisions for building maintenance, grounds and security staff.
- Hires, trains and manages Maintenance Supervisor. Conducts performance and compensation appraisal.
- Sets standards for work performance and communicates standards to employees.
- Recommends and/or authorizes hiring/firing, advancement, promotion and other employment status changes for employees reporting to Maintenance Supervisor.
Performs site inspections to update files for continued housing occupancy following company, HUD, and LIHTC rules and regulations, policies and procedures.
- Handles all aspects of site and unit inspections.
- Interacts with housing and human service agency personnel.
Conducts and coordinates all marketing activities to promote the property.
- Markets units to prospects, guests, etc.
- Completes market surveys.
- Conducts all resident retention events and activities.
- Conducts outreach to local businesses and organizations to promote the property.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field (Business Administration, Real Estate or Public Administration preferable), or equivalent knowledge or experience.
Experience: Three years of related work experience. CPM (Certified Property Manager), CPHM (Certified Public Housing Manager), COS (Certified Occupancy Specialist) certifications preferable. Experience as a manager or assistant manager of a public or private apartment/condo complex with responsibilities for leasing/admission, maintenance, management of administrative, maintenance or contract employees, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Qualifications, Abilities and Skills: Must be familiar with housing management, budgeting, housing agency regulations and if applicable, the Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program, HUD, and/or Public Housing program. The candidate must possess strong organizational and management skills and the demonstrated ability to work as a critical member of a team that is committed to building strong communities. Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel. Yardi proficiency preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Self-motivated, flexible, and detail oriented. Ability to interact effectively with persons of all ethnic and educational backgrounds to include listening, sensitivity to other’s feelings, needs and point of view. Tact and courtesy in all interactions.
Working Conditions: Ability to physically inspect the property in its entirety to include walking/climbing stairs, and ability to withstand all weather conditions. Must respond to ‘after hours’ emergencies.
Special Requirements: Must possess and maintain a vehicle and valid driver’s license with an insurable driving record history to obtain and maintain employment.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
Beacon Management Competencies required for all Management positions:
Decision-Making/Judgement, Communication, Budgets/Cost Control, Managing for Results, People Development.
Property Manager (Small Site) Functional Job Competencies required:
Job Knowledge, Problem Solving/Analysis, Interpersonal Skills, Computer Skills, Hiring.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, beginning on the first of the month after hire.
- 401(k) with company match, short term disability and long term disability insurance.
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation, 13 paid holidays.
- Summer flex scheduling options to allow for early releases on Friday from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Job Family Property Management
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Some College
- Meadville, PA 16335, USA