Bethesda College - Job Coach
Mequon, WI, USA Req #2656
Friday, June 25, 2021
Work for a Non-Profit that cares!
Provide Support, Build Relationships, Make a Difference!
At Bethesda, people are the heart of everything we do. Our mission, vision and values reflect a commitment to people. As an organization, we are aligned, inspired, and driven toward a common goal - believing that together, the best life is possible!
The Bethesda College Job Coach provides supervision, training and support to people receiving employment services in community businesses and other job sites.
What we want to see from you:
- Current Wisconsin Concordia University student,
- One year of experience working with persons with intellectual or developmental disabilities desired.
- Possess awareness of realistic work expectations regarding quality of work and appropriate work behaviors.
- Ability to teach, learn and perform job tasks assigned to individuals at job sites.
- Ability to work one-on-one with people with significant needs to develop skills for a work environment.
- Ability to implement training plans established by case managers and employers.
- Community effectively in person and written communication.
- Ability to make decisions and work independently.
- Work a flexible schedule-some evening hours and occasional weekend work.
- Must possess a commitment to the belief that all people have the right to dignity, respect, opportunity and full community inclusion.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be a positive team player and maintain a positive attitude.
- Skills in planning, organizing, problem solving and conflict resolution.
What you will be doing:
- Assists people receiving services in career development and facilitates the achievement of integrated employment outcomes.
- Acts as a liaison to employers in supporting people hired to work in their businesses.
- Ensures quality of work at job site.
- Follows agency policies and best practices and protection of individual rights.
- Maintain a professional image of Bethesda Lutheran Communities while working at community sites.
- Break tasks down to achievable components.
- Perform creative problem solving as needs arise for individual on work site.
- Advocate for people receiving supports among community co-workers; assist individuals in advocating for themselves; promote inclusion in community work sites.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Job Family DIRECT SERVICE PROFESSIONALS
- Pay Type Hourly
- Mequon, WI, USA