At Briggs Equipment, our employees and our culture are just as important to the
company as serving our customers. We believe our employees are the key to our
success. We pride ourselves in hiring the highest quality people, placing
emphasis on safety, ethics, integrity and respect.
We are an ESOP company. And we give thoughtful consideration to making
investments. We realize the decisions we make about investments and operating
practices ultimately affect the lives of our co-workers, families and business
partners. And like those who went before us, every one of us takes that
Our Mission Statement
“Passionate people, powerful solutions, rapidly delivering the equipment and services to
move people and materials.”
Achieving flawless execution of Safety First, Financial Performance, and Dealer
Excellence through the commitment of our employees.
Simply stated, Briggs employees strive to do the right thing by exceeding the
expectations of each other, our customers and our community.
The Road Technician performs service and repairs on material handling and/or aerial equipment at customer sites to ensure that equipment continues to run according to manufacturer’s specifications. Ensures all Briggs Equipment standards are adhered to and executed consistent with company direction.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Diagnose and repair equipment, to include liquid propane, gas, and diesel engines, electric motors, transmissions, drive axles, differentials, hydraulic systems, brake systems, steering systems, electrical systems, lifting systems, etc.
2. Rebuild and/or repair all components and systems in industrial material handling and aerial equipment and other related equipment
3. Properly block, chock and chain equipment, and disassemble equipment as needed to facilitate major component removal and repair
4. Perform routine and operational maintenance to ensure that equipment continues to run according to manufacturer’s specifications
5. Perform diagnostic troubleshooting and failure analysis on all components and systems
6. Perform equipment inspections to identify potential problems and safety concerns
7. Perform basic welding as necessary
8. Record maintenance and repair work performed by completing necessary paperwork in a timely manner
9. Complete basic and advanced technical training as assigned
10. Maintain parts and supplies needed for job completion
11. Maintain company vehicle cleanliness and ensure vehicle is in safe operating condition; complete vehicle checklist as required
12. Maintain a culture of safety & participate in all safety meetings
13. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Basic Knowledge & Competencies:
• Excellent customer service skills
• Thorough knowledge of all equipment & operations that apply to the branch
• Excellent mechanical aptitude, technical knowledge and problem solving skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required
• Mechanical or trade school certificate preferred
• 3+ years’ experience in forklift repair or related industry
• Ability to read precision instruments such as micrometers, dial indicators, bore gauges, etc.
• Welding and/or fabrication skills and/or experience preferred
• Valid driver’s license required
• Standing, walking, lifting, twisting and bending on a frequent basis
• Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
• Must furnish own tools
• Availability to work 24/7 on-call schedule as needed
• 100% travel to customer sites