Cog Track Worker ($12.32 per hour)
Performs heavy physical labor with a crew to maintain railroad track, structures and grounds of the Railway.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform track maintenance including clearing ice and snow off tracks and switches.
· Must be dependable and able to work scheduled hours or extra hours as required, including on call as necessary.
· Must be able to follow direction and implement tasks with little to no supervision.
· Must learn to operate trains and other equipment as necessary
· Perform heavy physical labor over extended periods of time in extremes of weather from heat, wind, cold and snow.
· Able to perform work at high altitudes, 14,115 ft.
· Must be able to work weekends, holidays and varying shifts.
· Perform janitorial/maintenance around depot, shop and grounds when required.
· Performs other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Specifications: This is a safety sensitive position. Applicant must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening and will be subject to random drug testing. The employee must possess the ability to work safely and efficiently to prevent on the job accidents and injuries.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is
occasionally exposed to wet, snow and ice conditions. The employee will regularly be at altitudes
between 6,500 feet and 14,115 feet above sea level. At these altitudes the employee may experience decreased oxygen levels, extreme cold, extreme heat and rapid changes in weather conditions without warning.
The employee may work around electricity with risk of electrical shock.
Work schedule is non-standard. Weekends and holidays required, some night and early morning work may be required. Work load is seasonable with peak work coming in the summer between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee will be performing heavy physical labor for extended periods of time at high elevations (14,115 ft.). The employee is regularly required to lift up to 100 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, changes in work load, rush jobs, or technological developments).
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Colorado Springs, CO, USA