Cog Parking Lot Supervisor ($15.00 - $16.00 per hour)
Summary: A parking lot supervisor works under the supervision of the Facilities Manager. Parking lot supervisor manages control and systematic and orderly filling of on and off site parking lots. Assists automobile and bus drivers with locating parking spots. Performs trash pick-up and grounds maintenance in the depot and train platform areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties may be assigned.
· Develops and maintains schedule for parking lot attendants to ensure full coverage of departing and arriving trains.
· Directly Supervises parking lot attendants.
· The hiring of parking lot attendants.
· Coordinates and supervises off-site parking and personnel.
· Controls the filling of the parking lots according to a pre-planned schedule.
· Contacts bus and RV drivers upon arrival to direct them into the correct lots and parking spaces.
· Identifies and directs non-Railway customers away from the parking lots. This includes hikers, joggers and back packers.
· Warns that unauthorized vehicles are subject to being towed at owner’s expense.
· Assists disabled, elderly and handicapped passengers to reach the trains and find appropriate handicapped parking.
· Provides grounds maintenance and clean-up duties for the depot and train platform areas.
· Removes trash from the train platform area on a regular schedule.
· Performs specific yard an grounds clean-up and other projects as directed by the Facilities Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
10 (ten) years of general education.
Ability to convey information and daily tasks to subordinates. Ability to talk and converse in a fluent, courteous and professional manner with passengers, bus and trolley drivers, hikers and the general public.
Have ability to identify issues and direct personnel to resolve them within a timely manner. Have the initiative to pick up trash and maintain the specified grounds area as required without constant supervision. Maintain a good, helpful and cheerful attitude with customers, bus drivers, hikers and the general public. Be aware that your conduct and attitude will reflect on the Cog Railway and that they materially affect the customer’s and public’s initial impression of the Railway.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee will be outdoors constantly moving around the parking lots for the entire shift. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold (weather related) and extreme heat (weather related).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Manitou Springs, CO 80829, USA