English Language Training Instructor*
Sheppard AFB, TX, USA Req #3372
Tuesday, September 14, 2021
STS Systems Support, LLC (SSS) is seeking English Language Training Instructors to provide English Language Training (ELT) program at a United States Government (USG) facility, Sheppard AFB, TX.
- Use Defense Language Institute English Language Center (DLIELC) courseware, methodology and processes.
- Comply with DLIELC test administration and security procedures.
- Provide students with a total immersion (face-to-face instruction in the classroom and associated facilities) in the American English language for six (6) hours a day, five (5) days per week, using DLIELCs American Language Course (ALC) General ELT course materials. The remaining two (2) hours a day will be used to prepare for the face-to-face instruction and other DLIELC processes outlined in the DLIELC Instructions and SOP
- When traditional Podium Platform instruction is not available nor capable driven by evolving safety and security measures and/or travel restrictions preventing physical attendance of RSAF IMSs at Sheppard AFB, TX; the Contractor shall be prepared to replicate the equivalent instruction as described in the preceding paragraph through a distance learning forum. As such, established and approved DLIELC ALC distance learning processes and procedures shall be used in order to deliver the respective instruction.
- May augment ALC General ELT course material with general military, general aviation and general maintenance terminology to enhance the ability of RSAF students to understand follow-on operational and technical systems training/school house terminology. Any augmentation should be tempered with the RSAF ELT progression and the establishment of basic American English understanding.
- Shall endeavor to instill improved English language skills to students at a pace that meets or exceeds the DLIELC standards.
- Classes will be a maximum of six (6) students per classroom/instructor due to facilities. If in the future new facilities become available, the USG may allow maximum of eight (8) students per classroom/instructor.
- Develop and employ disciplinary processes that allow clear guidance to the RSAF students as it relates to the academic environment.
- Enforce standards outlined in current version of 82 Training Wing and RSAF F-15 Fleet Modernization Program Concept of Operations.
- Develop processes and procedures to define and document the following: Unauthorized Absence, Authorized Absence, Unauthorized Tardy, and Authorized Tardy and report in a timely manner to the IMSO for all UAs as identified in AFI 16-105, para 10-47.
- Work with the Sheppard AFB assigned TPM/COR, AFSAT TPM/COR, and the RSAF Country Liaison Officer to address and resolve discipline issues.
- A 4-year degree that included or was supplemented by a major study in English as a Second Language (ESL), English as a Foreign Language (EFL), Linguistics, Foreign Languages, or Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL).
- A combination of education and experience with courses equivalent to a major in English as a Second Language (ESL), English as a Foreign Language (EFL), Linguistics, Foreign Languages, or Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL); plus appropriate experience or additional course work that provided knowledge comparable to that normally acquired through the successful completion of the 4-year course of study
- At least one (1) year of specialized experience in English language or foreign language instruction. Specialized experience includes: providing instruction to a diverse student body using the principles, practices and techniques of English as a Second Language (ESL) and English as a Foreign Language (EFL); teaching ESL/EFL to adults from basic elementary to advanced English; planning, preparing and coordinating instructional activities for adult students; creating and managing student assessment techniques and objectives to include test and measurement principles; assisting in the development and improvement of curriculum design, training materials, instructional delivery, and student administration; preparing lesson plans by selecting and adapting instructor texts and guides, or developing a plan of instruction for class-specific exercises.
- Completed three (3) full academic years of progressively higher level graduate education or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree in one of following disciplines: English as a Second Language (ESL), English as a Foreign Language (EFL), Linguistics, Foreign Languages, or Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL).
- Contractor-provided instructors shall go through a familiarization of how to use DLIELC material.
- Pay Type Salary
- Sheppard AFB, TX, USA