About the Role:
NASG is seeking a talented and driven individual to join our Engineering Team. The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for developing new ideas, concepts, and prototypes to create and build our companies product capabilities specifically in the frame design portion of our business. This person will also be responsible for improving the performance, efficiency, and reliability of existing systems and products. This position will offer unique and complex engineering challenges that require persistence, original “out of the box” thinking, and a positive attitude. The selected candidate will be based out of our Trumbauersville, PA location and will report to the Engineering Manager.
- Will you lead the research and development process from problem identification through final testing for framed products?
- Are you comfortable performing engineering assignments with clear and specified objectives including design calculations and creation of specifications, drawings, CAD models, tooling/fixturing, and equipment specification?
- Are you able to keep current on new technologies, new innovations, industry challenges, and new products in the window glazing industry?
- Can you work with production during design, prototype, and production (including a significant production floor presence)?
- Will you maximize product design taking into consideration performance requirements, material cost efficiency, compatibility, and company’s ability to manufacture the product?
- Are you able to collaborate with a team to investigate, research, and/or develop solutions for both internal and external problems?
- Can you evaluate and identify potential problems as well as participating in resolving production/product engineering issues?
- Are you comfortable with interpreting customer specifications and requirements documents to suggest innovative solutions?
- Will you provide necessary support to Sales during the quotation process and upon receipt of orders?
- Can you redesign and/or make changes to existing models according to client’s requirements?
- Will you provide engineering support to aid in the optimization and continuous improvement of manufacturing processes?
You will succeed in this position if you:
- Acquired a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Have 5-10 years of design engineering experience, preferably in window frame design.
- Have a proven track record of experience and success in the window framing industry; preferably in the transit, automotive, agriculture, marine, and/or aerospace industries.
- Are highly motivated, results oriented, and self-driven.
- Demonstrate ability to work with teams and customers.
- Have exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to build rapport and collaborate with others externally and within the company.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Are detailed oriented with excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Possess strong leadership and project management skills.
- Are proficient in 2D AutoCAD; 3D CAD experience a plus.
- Have excellent computer skills including Excel, Teams, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
About the Team:
At NASG, the engineering team provides professional, knowledgeable, efficient, and honest service, all while being respectful and building strong work relationships. This team strives to achieve the company’s goals by streamlining processes and procedures, building our product capabilities, and improving the performance and efficiency of our existing systems and products. Our goal is to deliver a high-quality transparent product for our external customers while creating a safe and fun work environment for the team. Each day our team goes above and beyond to carry out the Core Elements of our business: Safety First, Do the Right Thing, Wow Your Customer, Relationships Matter, and a Can- Do Attitude!
About the Company:
Custom Glass Solutions is one of the world's premier manufacturers of large format laminated glass products, with three Ohio locations (Worthington, Upper Sandusky, and Fostoria) and one Pennsylvania location (Trumbauersville). Our mission is to be the preferred provider of high-quality glass products, services and solutions. We deliver superior results by providing meaningful work for our employees, developing opportunities with our suppliers and cultivating strong partnerships with our customers.
What You Will Enjoy!
We have an exceptionally talented workforce that we value above all else. We are fully invested in our employees and provide them with hands-on training, compensation that is based upon individual contribution, unlimited career growth opportunities, and the motivation to be and do more. We take great pride in a workplace culture where our employees have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary. We are also very proud of a management structure that is designed to avoid bureaucratic nonsense and allows our entrepreneurial-minded employees to flourish.
As part of our total compensation philosophy, CGS offers a competitive base salary, bonuses and a wide variety of benefits including health/dental/life insurance, vision, prescription coverage, STD & optional LTD, paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) retirement savings plan, and future opportunities for advancement.
Custom Glass Solutions, LLC. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Pay Type Salary
- Trumbauersville, PA, USA