Guest Service Supervisor - MarQueen Hotel
Front Desk Supervisor
Is “YES” your favorite word? Are you full of enthusiasm and immensely determined to create an authentic and exceptional WOW moment at every threshold? If so, join us!
THE ‘OMG!’ CULTURE Own the Values. Make it Fun. Get it Done. Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is a Seattle-based hospitality management and consulting company with over 20 years of experience, featuring a portfolio of award-winning hotels, conference centers, private and public golf facilities, residential and distinctive venues. Columbia Hospitality has been continuously recognized as a Best Company to Work for in Washington. Seattle Business magazine recognizes 100 companies in the state for their commitment to creating a positive work environment for employees, and for setting the standard for leadership in the community. We bring people together. We inspire and empower our team to create exceptional experiences for our guests and phenomenal results for our property owners.
THE BRASS TACKS
• Supervising procedural aspects of the hotel’s front office (Including Front Desk, Valet, PBX, and Reservations if applicable), maintaining a presence during peak traffic periods.
• Ensuring guest and employee needs and concerns are responded to in a timely, professional and friendly manner with a focus on service recovery when applicable.
• Performing front desk agent duties as necessary, such as registration, check out and processing room reservations for guests.
• Ensuring proper execution of VIP requirements, including room requests, amenity placement, welcome letters, gifts, etc.
• Ensuring that all safety and security policies and procedures are followed.
• Assisting with the training, coaching and development of team members.
• Assisting with interviewing team members.
• Maintaining an up to date working knowledge of all property amenities as well as any special events.
• Preparing daily reports and distributing as directed.
• Understanding of all front office standards and assisting in solving deficiencies.
• Supplying guests with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest. • Completing designated cashier and closing reports in the computer system.
• Following all company policies and procedures; reporting accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
• Maintaining confidentiality of proprietary information; protecting company assets.
• Welcoming and acknowledging all guests according to company standards.
• Developing and maintaining positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals.
• Performing other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
THE NITTY GRITTY
• High school diploma required
• 1 year front-desk supervisory or lead experience in hospitality or hotels required
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required
• Experience leading a team
• Previous customer service or guest relations experience required
• The ability to read, write, and speak English fluently is required to analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from group of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• The ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• The ability to solve practical problems when only limited standardization exists.
• The ability to interpret written and oral instructions.
• Must possess basic negotiation skills and strong customer relations skills.
• Strong computer skills: Full knowledge of Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Outlook, Excel and Word.
THE PERKS *Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status• Values Based Culture
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Coverage with Significant Columbia Contribution
• Company Contributed HSA/FSA Plan
• Company Sponsored Life Insurance Policies
• Competitive Wages
• Employee Assistance Program
• PTO Plan
• 401K Match
• Team Member Outings
• Diverse Work Group
• “Columbia Cares” Volunteer Opportunities
• Committee Participation Opportunities (Fun, Philanthropic, Diversity/Inclusion)
• Upward Mobility Potential
• Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, and Retail
• Third Party Perks (Movie Tickets, Attractions, Other)
• Online Learning Platform
THE FINE PRINT Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Inclusion l Enthusiasm l Accountability l Respect l Creativity l Honesty
- Pay Type Hourly
- 600 Queen Anne Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109, USA