Sales and Event Manager-Hotel Windrow
Sales and Event Manager
Is “YES” your favorite word? Are you full of enthusiasm and immensely determined to create an authentic and exceptional WOW moment at every threshold? If so, join us!
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is a Seattle-based hospitality management and consulting company with over 20 years of experience, featuring a portfolio of award-winning hotels, conference centers, private and public golf facilities, residential and distinctive venues. Columbia Hospitality has been continuously recognized as a Best Company to Work for in Washington. Seattle Business magazine recognizes 100 companies in the state for their commitment to creating a positive work environment for employees, and for setting the standard for leadership in the community.
We bring people together. We inspire and empower our team to create exceptional experiences for our guests and phenomenal results for our property owners.
THE BRASS TACKS
- Meets and exceeds expectations for revenue growth and relationship building within given markets including New Business Development efforts.
- Achieve quarterly/annual sales goals.
- Maintains relationships and is an active member within the community by attending networking events.
- Required to achieve weekly/monthly prospecting goals and sales activities.
- Prepares individual marketing plan for assigned sales markets.
- Responds to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Reports weekly achievements for prospecting, inquiries, activities and industry events.
- Manages group yielding efforts with support from the property sales leader (General Manager)
- Creates a seamless experience for guest from sales to the planning of food and beverage departments.
- Communicates operational problems, assists with special projects, and attends daily and weekly meetings.
- Establishes and maintains positive, professional relationships with clients through effective, timely and reliable communication.
- Obtains necessary information to ensure efficient event planning and client satisfaction; including meeting setups, food and beverage specifications, AV requirements, transportation, billing, etc. Provides information to operating departments in a timely manner.
- Monitors and insures clients overall satisfaction throughout planning and execution of the event. Enhances sales efforts by selling corporate day only events, holiday events, social and wedding events, encouraging repeat business and upselling.
- Develops and maintains favorable working relationships and open communication with all departments.
May require additional job functions as needed based on the business needs of the property and team as requested by Director of Events and Conference Services or Director of Sales.
THE NITTY GRITTY
- A University degree with 2+ years of hospitality sales experience; or equivalent combination of of education, training and experience.
- Strong sales and negotiation experience.
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and operations manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all applicable units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to compute discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Basic computer literacy in Microsoft Office, especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong general management skills, including time management, information analysis, planning and organizing, decision making, problem solving, and delivery of results.
- Strong interpersonal influence skills, including coaching, motivating, delegating, and relationship building.
- Ability to travel as needed (including air or car, hotel overnight stays, and client entertainment)
*Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
- Values based culture
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Coverage with Significant Columbia Contribution
- Company contributed HSA/FSA plan
- Company sponsored Life Insurance Policies
- Employee Assistance program
- PTO Plan
- 401K Match
- Team Member Outings
- Diverse Work Group
- "Columbia Cares" Volunteer Opportunity
- Committee Participation Opportunities (Fun, Philanthropic, Diversity/Inclusion)
- Upward Mobility Potential
- Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf and Retail
- Third Party Perks (Movies Tickets, Attractions and Other)
- Online learning platform
THE FINE PRINT
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Sincerity | Enthusiasm | Accountability | Respect | Creativity | Honesty
- Job Family Marketing
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 25
- Telecommute % 0
- Required Education Some College
- Job Start Date Wednesday, June 9, 2021
- Hotel Windrow, 502 N Main St, Ellensburg, Washington, United States of America