Event Coordinator- Sage Lodge
THE BRASS TACKS A BASIC OVERVIEW OF JOB EXPECTATIONS – SUBJECT TO GROW & CHANGE
• Upholds company and property values and exudes them in every interaction with clients, team members, and guests. Contributes positively to the team environment and aligns with overall team goals and directives.
• Enjoys working with social events and weddings.
• Facilitate venue visits and planning meetings.
• Provides planning services for clients as assigned – including detailing event orders, scheduling and facilitating planning calls, and collecting deposits and final payments.
• Provides administrative support to the sales and events team, including upkeep of the property event management system, weekly reporting, answering phones, ordering office supplies, maintaining office cleanliness, and handling weekly distribution processes.
• Works in coordination with other departments to share pertinent information in an appropriate and timely manner.
• Produce and distribute internal group resumes and event orders to the operational team in accordance with department standards, and produce quality work that will be submitted to the client as formal contract.
• Provides onsite support for events and act as a liaison between the operations team and the client or onsite wedding/meeting planner to ensure that event runs smoothly.
• Provides onsite event operations support as necessary – implementing event orders, including set-up, execution, breakdown, and associated administrative duties in a professional manner and in compliance with established policies, health and safety guidelines, and procedures.
THE NITTY GRITTY
• Ideal candidate has a desire for a long-term position in hospitality and events. Semiahmoo is a fast-paced and challenging environment with a supportive team and ample opportunities for growth in multiple areas.
• 1 year previous experience in a hospitality, administration, or events-focused role.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Possess a current food handler’s permit, liquor permit, and MAST certificate and be able to maintain throughout employment.
• Expresses a consistent positive attitude and perspective, dedicated to continued growth for team members and department dynamic.
• Strong communication skills, time management, and organizational skills are required.
• Eager learner and self-starter regarding technical systems, computers, and customer service steps. Experience with a hospitality software is preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal, customer service, communications, employee relations and problem solving skills are required.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-task environment and make quick decisions.
• Must be able to stand, bend, and walk throughout the shift in both indoor & outdoor environments for extended periods of time
• Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 20 lbs at shoulder height.
• Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, overhead reaching, and repetitive hand & arm movements frequently; and squeezing occasionally
• Must be able to spend extended periods of time walking, standing, bending, or sitting.
*Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
• Values Based Culture
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Coverage with Significant Columbia Contribution
• Company Contributed HSA/FSA Plan
• Amazing PTO Plan
• 401K Match
• “Columbia Cares” Volunteer Opportunities
• Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, and Retail
THE FINE PRINT
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Inclusion | Enthusiasm | Accountability | Respect | Creativity | Honesty
- Pay Type Hourly
- Sage Lodge, 1092 East River, Pray, Montana, United States of America