Housekeeping Supervisor - The State Hotel
The State Hotel
Built in 1904 and rebuilt in 2018, this landmark building and its iconic location have been reinvented as The State Hotel. Step out your door to Pike Place Market and experience the vibrant energy of Seattle's waterfront. Discover insider hot spots matched to your style of adventure and kick back in this contemporary and proudly local hotel.
THE ‘OMG!’ CULTURE
Own the Values. Make it Fun. Get it Done.
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is a Seattle-based hospitality management and consulting company with over 20 years of experience, featuring a portfolio of award-winning hotels, conference centers, private and public golf facilities, residential and distinctive venues. Columbia Hospitality has been continuously recognized as a Best Company to Work for in Washington. Seattle Business magazine recognizes 100 companies in the state for their commitment to creating a positive work environment for employees, and for setting the standard for leadership in the community.
We bring people together. We inspire and empower our team to create exceptional experiences for our guests and phenomenal results for our property owners.
THE BRASS TACKS
- Assists in managing the day to day operations of the Housekeeping department. Follows all appropriate policies and procedures (e.g., key control, lost and found).
- Develops and implements procedures to ensure that all housekeeping activities and services meet or exceed the established standards and goals.
- Conducts daily inspections of serviced guestrooms, front of house areas, storage rooms and relevant back of house areas.
- Assists in managing the departmental budget. Monitors revenue, expenses, and labor costs.
- Reports all unsafe conditions immediately. Ensures all equipment is properly maintained and functioning. Ensures all equipment is used only as intended.
- Maintains department equipment and supply inventory levels appropriate to property requirements.
- Advises guests, clients and team members on housekeeping matters.
- Evaluates patterns or trends in guest complaints in order to plan and implement corrective actions.
- Provides regular and on-going communication with all departments in order to keep staff informed of updates, changes and/or problematic situations.
- Ensures the security of all housekeeping supplies, equipment and inventory by establishing and ensuring adherence to security standards.
- Participates in the property’s Manager on Duty program as needed.
- Ensures timely and courteous follow-through on all client, guest and team member requests.
- Selects, supervises, trains, develops, schedules, disciplines, and counsels staff.
- Demonstrates positive leadership characteristics that empower and inspire employees to meet and exceed standards.
- Performs in the capacity of any position supervised as needed.
- Conducts training on job standards and areas of responsibility as needed.
THE NITTY GRITTY
- Minimum 3 years housekeeping management/supervisory experience in a similar environment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand Spanish and English.
- General management skills, including time management, information analysis, planning and organizing, decision making, problem solving, and delivery of results.
- Financial management skills, including budget management, expense control and analysis of Profit and Loss statements.
- Be a role model by consistently living the values of Columbia Hospitality
*Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
- Values Based Culture
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Coverage with Significant Columbia Contribution
- Company Contributed HSA/FSA Plan
- Company Sponsored Life Insurance Policies
- Employee Assistance Program
- PTO Plan
- 401K Match
- Team Member Outings
- Diverse Work Group
- “Columbia Cares” Volunteer Opportunities
- Committee Participation Opportunities (Fun, Philanthropic, Diversity/Inclusion)
- Upward Mobility Potential
- Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, and Retail
- Third Party Perks (Movie Tickets, Attractions, Other)
- Online Learning Platform
THE FINE PRINT
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Accountability | Creativity | Enthusiasm | Honesty | Inclusion | Respect
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1501 2nd Ave, Seattle, WA 98101, USA