Customer Service Representative I - Human Resources - TE
Under general supervision, to perform a wide range of customer service and administrative duties and support functions in Human Resources. Provides administrative support to the Director and appropriately direct City Hall lobby traffic.
This position does not exercise supervisory duties.
IMPORTANT AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
1. Greets and directs visitors to City Hall as well as answer general questions.
2. Provides administrative support for the Director of Human Resources.
3. Assists with general human resource functions including recruitment, application screening, new hire processing, reference checks, and pre-employment testing functions.
4. Process incoming and outgoing mail; process payment requests and purchase requisitions, travel reimbursements as well as update the budget tracking spreadsheet.
5. Support employees with TMRS, direct deposits, contact information, and name changes.
6. Assist with entering information into Human Resource Information System platforms.
7. Assist with salary surveys and other reports.
OTHER JOB RELATED DUTIES
Perform other job related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Administrative and office management principles, procedures and practices.
General customer service.
Operate a computer and other office equipment.
Provide excellent customer service.
Maintain confidentiality of client information.
Demonstrate a positive attitude and initiative.
Organize and plan work activities to meet deadlines.
Use resourcefulness and tact when dealing with upset customers.
Accommodate changing work priorities.
Communicate concisely both orally and in writing.
Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, both internally and externally.
Follow and embrace the City of Abilene Core Values – Respect, Integrity, Service Above Self, and Excellence in All We Do.
Experience and Training Guidelines:
Any combination equivalent to experience and training to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be qualifying. Knowledge, skills, and abilities may be obtained through:
Two (2) years of customer service and office administration experience is required.
A high school diploma or a GED is required.
College level courses or administrative training is preferred.
License or Certificate:
No licenses or certifications are required.
Essential duties require the following physical skills and work environment:
With or without accommodation, ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $11.14
- Max Hiring Rate $13.65
- City Hall, 555 Walnut Street, Abilene, Texas, United States of America