Accounting Technician II - Cashier
Under general supervision, this position performs a variety of accounting, clerical, and technical work in the area of cash receipting.
This position does not exercise supervision.
IMPORTANT AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
1. Processes cash receipts, including payments for a variety of transactions from various City Divisions and payments for various accounts receivable items. Verify, balance, and enter receipts daily; prepare bank deposits and related cash reports. Maintain a petty cash fund. Assist with second notices or letters for accounts receivable items.
2. Assist with various aspects of accounts payable for the City, which includes processing purchase orders, local purchase orders, invoices or statements from vendors, payment vouchers, trip reports, credit card statements, refunds, and additional associated data entry, reports, and balances.
3. Maintain detailed and complex accounting records.
4. Communicate information to internal and external customers regarding accounts payable and accounts receivable matters as well as accounting policies and procedures.
5. Assist other accounting personnel with difficult or complex accounting functions.
6. Directly assist internal and external auditors.
OTHER JOB RELATED DUTIES
Perform other job related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Generally accepted Accounting procedures, principles, and practices.
Office practices, methods, and computer equipment.
Principles of financial recordkeeping.
Basic mathematical principles.
Operate a variety of office equipment including computers, calculators, scanners, and related technology equipment.
Use software including Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word.
Perform data entry with the speed and accuracy necessary for successful job performance.
Maintain time management with minimal direct supervision.
Organize effectively and multi-task various activities and projects.
Ability to multi-task and be detail oriented.
Prepare and maintain accurate and complete records.
Perform accurate mathematical computations.
Assist others with difficult or complex accounts payable work.
Effectively communicate with internal and external customers including supervisors, co-workers, vendors, and auditors.
Work as a team member.
Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, both internally and externally.
Follow and embrace the City of Abilene Core Values – Respect, Integrity, Service Above Self, and Excellence in All We Do.
Experience and Training Guidelines:
Any combination equivalent to experience and training to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be qualifying. Knowledge, skills, and abilities may be obtained through:
Two (2) years of accounting clerical work is preferred.
A high school diploma or GED is required.
Supplemental training and/or college level by course work in bookkeeping or accounting is preferred.
License or Certificate:
No licenses or certificates are required.
Essential duties require the following physical skills and work environment:
Ability to work in a standard office environment.
With or without accommodation, ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $14.40
- Max Hiring Rate $17.30
- City Hall, 555 Walnut Street, Abilene, Texas, United States of America