Wastewater Collection - Mains - Lead Supervisor CDL - Wastewater Collection
Under general supervision to function as the onsite crew supervisor over a crew of three to six employees. This position functions as a working supervisor, therefore, the lead supervisor must be familiar with all aspects of the assigned activities. Responsible for evaluating situations and making appropriate decisions based on the circumstances.
This position has direct supervision over the assigned work crew.
IMPORTANT AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
1. Plan routine work and maintenance for the crew.
2. Manage and organize priorities, focusing on immediate needs and report status updates.
3. Maintain communication with immediate supervisor regarding the progress of projects and assignments.
4. Ensure the safety of employees and maintain a safe work environment at all worksites.
5. Oversee projects and project completion.
6. Manage project schedules to ensure on-time completion.
7. Train the crew and set a good example for new employees.
8. Coordinate work assignments with the Sanitary Sewer System Maintenance team.
9. Responsible for the daily reporting, ensuring its accuracy, completeness, and that it is turned in at the proper time.
OTHER JOB RELATED DUTIES
Perform other job related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Methods, materials, practices and equipment used in the completion of the assigned work.
Occupational hazards involved and standard safety precautions necessary in performing needed work.
Location and general characteristics of the assigned system.
Principles of plumbing and hydraulics as related to work.
Safe driving principles and practices.
Work alongside the crew and perform as a working supervisor.
Operate and care for a variety of tools and equipment used in sanitary sewer system maintenance and repair activities.
Safely operate a motor vehicle.
Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, both internally and externally.
Follow and embrace the City of Abilene Core Values – Respect, Integrity, Service Above Self, and Excellence in All We Do.
Lead and manage a team in a manner that accomplishes the Division’s mission and treats team members with dignity, courtesy, and respect.
Experience and Training Guidelines:
Any combination equivalent to experience and training to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be qualifying. Knowledge, skills, and abilities may be obtained through:
Three (3) years of experience in Wastewater Collection, maintenance, and repair work is required.
A high school diploma or GED is required.
License or Certificate:
A valid Texas Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) is required.
Possession and continued maintenance of a Wastewater Collection II license or a current unexpired Wastewater Collection I license/certification and working toward obtaining a Wastewater Collection II license/certification is required.
Essential duties require the following physical skills and work environment:
Regular and punctual attendance is required.
May be required to work late to complete a task or project.
Ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, crouch, stoop, squat, and climb.
Exposure to cold, heat, noise, outdoors, confining work space, chemicals, explosive materials, mechanical hazards, and electrical hazards.
Ability to travel different sites.
With or without accommodation, ability to lift or team lift up to 100 pounds.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.56
- Max Hiring Rate $24.85
- Wastewater Collection, 1900 CR 309, Hamby, Texas, United States of America