Research & Development - Strategic Program Manager
The Strategic Program Manager is a key member of the ClearCaptions team, supporting the
organization in execution of business critical and highly strategic programs. The position owns the execution and management of a portfolio of strategic programs, by collaborating with cross-functional work stream owners and reporting progress, updates, challenges, and solutions to leaders.
Close partnership with executive leaders and business is essential, as the Strategic Program Manager compiles project/program data that influences decisions at the senior level. The position requires advanced writing skills, communication, project & program management, analytical and organization skills, and a passion for leading structured change.
The Strategic Program Manager manages highly complex initiatives, across organizations, leading both technical and non-technical team members, managing deadlines, risk, and communicating effectively to cross-functional stakeholder teams and leaders. The position requires innovative thinking balanced with an operational focus to implement efficiencies and programs at scale. The position is empowered to deliver change and keenly aware of how and when to utilize executive steering support.
This position reports to VP of Strategy Execution and will be based out of a home office.
· Serves as a key member of ClearCaptions team in determining and driving strategic programs and projects that support critical business initiatives by collaborating with executive sponsors and business owner stakeholders.
· Works with cross functional groups including information technology, sales, operations, and customer experience to build and deliver a program portfolio that ensures the successful completion of highly strategic objectives.
· Manages a portfolio of projects, its resource allocation, and prioritization to improve measured performance.
Works with stakeholders to define program scope, assign responsibilities, identify appropriate
resources needed, and develop milestones to ensure timely completion of programs and strategic projects.
Monitors progress and defines key performance indicators and success metrics by project/program to report on status against objectives.
Partners with senior leaders to identify, define, and execute various process improvement and innovation projects.
Sets and clarifies requirements and expectations, measure performance, provide feedback, and hold project leaders and teams accountable for their project’s performance.
· Prepares and delivers business reviews to senior leaders including project metrics, goal achievements, and overall health of the assigned portfolio.
· 7 years of experience managing a portfolio of projects supporting product and service delivery for a midsize company.
· 10 years’ experience in core project management disciplines including managing scope, schedule, budget, quality, communications, risk and critical path management.
· 7 years’ experience prioritizing and managing large scale projects using project management tools.
· 3 - 5 years’ experience managing a team of project and program managers.
· 5 years’ experience leading business process optimization and process re-engineering programs.
· Demonstrated advanced written and verbal communication
· Demonstrated advanced analytical skills
· Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
· 5 years experience leading projects in Sales, Operations, and Marketing including experience with Salesforce, and Marketing Technology tools.
· Masters Degree in business or related field
· Knowledge of change management methodologies
· Project, Program, and/or Portfolio Management certifications (e.g. PMP, PfMP, PgMP)
· Experience in Healthcare or Telecommunications domains
Employees may experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time:
- Sitting, standing and walking (95-100%)
- Keyboarding (40-60%)
- Viewing computer monitor, tablet and cell phone screen requiring close vision (40-60%)
Work is performed in a remote office environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications
required of employees to this job.
ClearCaptions is an equal opportunity, at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree