Corporate Information & Billing - Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst
More than 48 million Americans have some form of hearing loss. ClearCaptions service and equipment removes communication obstacles through its commitment to making lives better and adhering to the belief that every word matters. As a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) certified telephone captioning provider, ClearCaptions follows the highest industry standards for privacy, security and professionalism on all of our captioning calls. ClearCaptions is dedicated to developing fast, easy and life-changing communications for hard-of-hearing individuals.
Sr. Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst
The Senior Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst is responsible for report testing and data validation including (a) test script development & maintenance, (b) baseline & regression testing, (c) issue resolution tracking, and (d) Corporate Information’s report and information support for all departments. The position will develop and oversee the business intelligence data validation; maintain the issue tracking and testing documentation; and ensure standards adherence in calculations, report formats and documentation. Additionally, as a senior QA member, the Sr. Quality Analyst will work with across the company to develop the department’s QA best practices and mentor other QA members.
The Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst reports to the Director of Corporate Information & Billing in the Finance department and will be based out of a home office supporting Corporate in Pacific Standard Time.
- Create comprehensive QA solutions by developing and defining the department’s processes, methodologies and policies for testing and review.
- Develop test plans/cases for validating reporting / data functional, performance and business requirements.
- Document test findings: debug reports, test summaries, product evaluations to determine report / information release readiness.
- Partner with the Corporate Information team as well as associates in Analytics, Compliance, Operations, Sales and other departments to flush out report issues against the business requirements and the department’s standards.
- Subject-matter expert (SME) on data definitions and reporting standards.
- Maintains the data definitions and reporting standards for the department.
- Ensures adherence to these definitions / standards in the information generated by the department (i.e. how are standard calculations performed).
- Drive improvements in the Corporate Information department including enhancing reports’ speed and capabilities, streamlining processes, deploying new tools and other activities.
- Acquire a deep understanding of the reporting data to facilitate testing, establishing baseline data sets, and assist in development.
- Conduct frequent audits to ensure that the reports continue to perform to spec and underlying data in line with expectations.
- Support analytical information needs via other duties and special projects as required.
- Mentor other QA team members on testing and review best practices.
- 10+ years of quality testing work (very strong knowledge of test script development; baseline development; unit & regression testing; and quality standards adherence).
- 4+ years of testing for reporting / information development environments.
- 2+ years of developing and defining QA processes, methodologies and policies for testing and review.
- 2+ years mentoring others and/or working in a lead role.
- Proficiency with SQL/T-SQL, specifically table structures, stored procedures, queries, and joins.
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel is required (including but not limited to: advanced formulas, nested statements, and data manipulation centered on date and time data).
- Outstanding capability in documentation, especially in using MS Word, Confluence or other documentation tools.
- Maintains high standards when identifying issues and seeking resolutions.
- Exceptionally detailed orientated and cross-checks work to user specifications.
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to quickly understand business requirements and ensure the information output is meeting/exceeding user requirements.
- Seeks alternative ways to solve problems (can arrive at solutions via alternate routes).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly explain technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Proficient working independently—with little direction—and as a supportive team member
- Comfortable working with business partners across the organization.
- Accustomed to fast-paced environments with simultaneous, high-priority tasks.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, & Word).
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Decision Sciences, or a related business degree and / or equivalent experience.
Experience with the following a plus
- Regulated industries work such as telecommunications, finance, or related businesses.
- Working in a Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) environment and using related tools.
- Expertise in evaluating Power BI (PBI) reports and dashboards’ quality output.
- Issue tracking software (ServiceDesk, JIRA, etc).
Physical Requirements: Employees may experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time:
- Sitting, standing and walking (95-100%)
- Keyboarding (80-95%)
- Viewing computer monitor requiring close vision (95-100%)
Work is performed in a home based office environment.
A competitive compensation package will be offered to successful candidates.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications
required of employees to this job.
ClearCaptions is an equal opportunity, at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Pay Type Salary