Water Safety Instructor
Exceptional Staff Promoting a Healthy Lifestyle in a Unique Environment
Are you passionate about exercise and living a healthy lifestyle? Would you like to help others do the same?
For over 45 years Club Fit staff has worked hard to create a club environment dedicated to helping people achieve their health and fitness goals in a state of the art facility with support, guidance and motivation from a professional and knowledgeable staff. The organization has been amazingly successful and has helped many people lead healthier lives. We are proud that the communities we serve are better due to the work we do. People lead healthier and more active lives with our help than they would without us. We are very aware of the benefits people receive from the active and healthy lifestyle we help them pursue. People are able to do more, be more active and be sick less as a result of the work we do. Most of all, they are able to spend more time with the ones they love. This is the foundation of the work we do.
We currently have openings for people who enjoy working in a unique environment
and helping others focus on their physical and mental well-being.
Job Title: Aquatics Personal Training, Aquatics Program Instructor (Water Safety Instructor)
- Plan, organize, and implement high quality swim lessons to ensure an outstanding Aquatics Swim Lessons Program by providing genuine hospitality
- Be prompt for all group and private/semi-private swim lessons
- Work all assigned lessons or arrange for adequate coverage in any absence
- Always exhibit professional appearance and behavior
- Responsible for achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term client retention in line with company vision and values
- Perform other duties as assigned
Department Strategy and Communication
- Ensure proper and clear communication with members, co-workers, and Aquatics Director
- Coordinate weekly teaching schedule with WSI coordinator
- Be knowledgeable of all Club Fit programs and schedules
- Must be flexible and accommodating to all participants in the Club Fit swim program
- Maintain a good rapport with students, parents, co-workers and demonstrate a commitment to embracing the neighborhood
Professional and Technical Knowledge
- Ongoing Club Fit Training
- Water Safety Instructor Certification required.
- Certified in Basic CPR.
Education and Experience
- Will train applicant on all Club Fit Policies and Procedures.
- Teach all students with a positive and motivational approach.
- Ability to adapt teaching methods to each student’s abilities.
- Teach all swim lessons in a safe and effective manner.
- Must be able to teach above and beyond the ARC standard.
- Must exhibit ability to teach with other instructors in a group setting.
- Set up and break down all equipment used during swim lessons
- Attend mandatory monthly staff meetings and trainings as set forth by WSI coordinator and Aquatics Director
- Ensure that lesson schedule is always accurate and up to date
- Must keep own personal record/logs of lessons conducted.
- Be knowledgeable in online booking system Jonas.
- Stand and walk around for extended periods of time
- Lift 10 lbs
- Understand and communicate both verbally and written in English
- Follow job related directions
- Work a flexible schedule as required by business needs
- Understand and comply with all company safety policies and their requirements
- Attend training meetings as scheduled
- Direct Line to Aquatics Director
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Certification
- Jefferson Valley, 600 Bank Rd, Jefferson Valley, New York, United States of America