Exceptional Staff Promoting a Healthy Lifestyle in a Unique Environment
Are you passionate about exercise and living a healthy lifestyle? Would you like to help others do the same?
For over 45 years Club Fit staff has worked hard to create a club environment dedicated to helping people achieve their health and fitness goals in a state of the art facility with support, guidance and motivation from a professional and knowledgeable staff. The organization has been amazingly successful and has helped many people lead healthier lives. We are proud that the communities we serve are better due to the work we do. People lead healthier and more active lives with our help than they would without us. We are very aware of the benefits people receive from the active and healthy lifestyle we help them pursue. People are able to do more, be more active and be sick less as a result of the work we do. Most of all, they are able to spend more time with the ones they love. This is the foundation of the work we do.
We currently have openings for people who enjoy working in a unique environment
and helping others focus on their physical and mental well-being.
Job Title: Café Counterperson
- To serve the members and staff in a timely manner
- Show genuine hospitality by having a professional attitude toward work, club and staff at all times
- Be punctual for all scheduled shifts or arrange for coverage and inform manager and other staff members accordingly
- Wear full uniform including black Club Fit staff shirt, solid black pants, black apron, name tag, closed toe shoes (prefer non-slip, but not required). Hair that is shoulder length or longer must be pulled back.
- Acknowledge members and provide timely and efficient service with a smile, ensuring the members are certain we care about their well-being
- Remain polite and courteous
- Maintain a positive relationship with members, co-workers, managers and other Club Fit staff, demonstrate a commitment to embracing the neighborhood
- Use good judgment and problem-solving skills
- Be able to service customers and work well under pressure
- Show attention to detail by keeping counter/bar and kitchen areas neat and clean at all times
- Understand proper use and care of all equipment, i.e. dishwasher, slicer, coffee equipment
- Understand all computer functions as they apply to the café, including proper use of café point of sale
- Have complete knowledge of opening and closing procedures (use checklists)
- Keep all necessary items stocked, paying attention to inventory needs.
- Be accountable for all sales transactions and drawer balances (over/under $3.00 max) through accurate completion of shift paperwork and tie out reports
- Know product, paying close attention to proper portion and presentation as outlined by Café manager
- Understand cost control and portion control
- Consistently “up-sell” to customers
- Do not leave counter position unless covered by co-worker or approved by manager
- Assist with all catering functions, including birthday parties and other club events
- Perform other duties as assigned
Department Strategy and Communication
- Utilize Café Communication Log to convey appropriate information to co-workers and manager
- Refer to the station duties posted in the café as needed
- Attend monthly café staff meetings and training
- Be knowledgeable of other club departments, programs and events
Professional and Technical Knowledge
- Ongoing Club Fit Training
- Professional Certification
- ServeSafe preferred not required
- Culinary Experience preferred not required.
- Understand and have knowledge of the duties for the cashier, runner, and pantry stations (use posted station duties)
- Stand and walk around for extended periods of time
- Lift 10 lbs
- Understand and communicate both verbally and written in English
- Follow job related directions
- Work a flexible schedule as required by business needs
- Understand and comply with all company safety policies and their requirements
- Attend training meetings as scheduled
- Direct Line to Café Manager
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Briarcliff, 584 North State Rd, Briarcliff Manor, New York, United States of America