IT Support Specialist 2 PC Network Technician
*** THIS POSITION WORKS A VARIETY OF SHIFTFS INCLUDING GRAVEYARD, SWING, WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS. THIS POSITION PAYS $23.00 PER HOUR (NOT NEGOTIABLE)***
Provide technical support for company employees and management, while monitoring all technical equipment, hardware and software. In addition to conducting routine setups, backups, updates, testing, and servicing.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCIONS
1. Support PC users by troubleshooting basic software/hardware issues, and perform preventive maintenance.
2. Monitor backups, error logs, systems users.
3. Assure backups are performed regularly and are stored offsite, per company policy.
4. Assure backup tapes are working properly, are replaced and destroyed as necessary.
5. Setup of new desktop computers and applications:
- Installing applications
- Testing network connections
- Setting up and testing security settings and testing equipment
6. Troubleshoot and identify problems; determine best course for correction; complete repairs or make recommendations to IT management when appropriate.
7. Work with Help Desk to solve issues with desktop and hardware/software issues.
8. Prepare used desktop computers for re-use by reformatting hard drives, reinstalling applications, and testing equipment for assurance of use
9. Maintain physical inventory of all desktop computers and applications.
10. Perform upgrades to desktop computers, applications, security settings and assure they are maintained and up-to-date with company policy.
11. Assist other IT personnel with installations, upgrades, problem solving involving the network infrastructure and/or application servers as required.
12. Maintain door access database; process new key cards as required.
13. Assist Human Resources with troubleshooting of key card problems.
14. Organize all equipment in the IT offices; assure department maintains compliance with all company safety policies.
15. Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
16. Mentor and provide new staff with training and professional development.
17. Coordinate special events.
18. Delegate and assure request and projects are completed within time.
19. All other work-related duties as assigned by the IT Supervisor and IT Management.
Work experience required: At least 1 year of experience in IT tech support; Ability to lift typical PC items-approximately 30 lbs; Good problem solving skills, good verbal and written communication skills, fast learner, and flexible schedule.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree; Additional computer courses a plus; Equivalent combination of work experience and education.
Other requirements: Effective communication skills with all levels of management/employee's; Computer skills; Detail oriented; Excellent organizational skills; Positive/enthusiastic approach to all assignments; Attendance and punctuality are an essential function of the position; Must be clean, well groomed, and have a professional appearance.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 6131 Telegraph Rd, Commerce, CA 90040, USA