Business Intelligence Analyst
6131 Telegraph Rd, Commerce, CA 90040, USA Req #1759
Thursday, May 27, 2021
Commerce Casino is the world’s largest card casino offering more than 200 tables. Established in 1983, the casino values its staff of over 2,500 employees and is proud to be known as “Where the World Comes to Play.” Commerce Casino offers a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), vacation time, and much more!
Commerce Casino has embraced the importance of cultivating a strategic analytic culture throughout the organization. Goals, priorities, and expectations are all based on the use of analytics. Under the direction of the Planning & Analytics Manager, the Business Intelligence Analyst will focus their day to day duties on measuring labor efficiency, analyzing customer behavior and trends, data mining, or optimizing data visualizations. This person will work closely with the Planning & Analytics Team so to manage their output with the intent on aligning with business demands across the enterprise. Additionally, this resource will partner with relevant executive management in the pursuit of our continuous improvement philosophy. Standard operating procedures, supporting analysis, board room presentations, and other activities supporting any related business renovation initiatives will be closely administered for timeliness and effectiveness.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Consults with internal customers (e.g., Marketing, Casino Operations, Customer Service, and Player Development, etc.) to develop analyses that lead to actionable insights that accelerate profitable growth.
2. Develops and implements process and work flow diagrams, Standard Operating Procedure and business impact analyses to track outcomes.
3. Manages the Resource Management strategy and process to include documentation describing various workflows, operating risks, and handshakes between business platforms, with the objective of offering accelerated production of resource schedules aligned to budgetary goals.
4. Analyze labor and revenue metrics so to highlight opportunities for improved efficiency. These highlights are reviewed with executive management in order to optimize our staffing methodology and to maintain alignment with business fluctuations throughout the year.
5. Performs all other work related duties and data reporting as assigned by the Planning & Analytics Manager.
6. Develop in-depth understanding of gaming, labor, and marketing technical environments as it relates to captured data and content which may be used to measure, assess, and predict business behaviors.
Work Experience Required:
Work Experience Required:
Proficiency in Microsoft Suite with advanced Excel knowledge
2+ years’ experience with Data Visualization Software (Tableau preferred)
Experience with Microsoft SQL and Python a plus
2+ years’ working with financial reports
Education: Four year degree, or equivalent relatable work experience.
Other Requirements: Must have a foundational understanding of process and procedure development and implementation. Must possess the ability to assume responsibility and be self-motivated. Must have excellent verbal and interpersonal skills with management and employees, in addition to excellent written communication skills. Must be detail-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to sustain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism. Must demonstrate positive/enthusiastic approach to all assignments. Outstanding attendance/punctuality. Must be clean, well-groomed, and have a professional appearance per company standards.
- Pay Type Salary
- 6131 Telegraph Rd, Commerce, CA 90040, USA