Hotel Food & Beverage Manager
6131 Telegraph Rd, Commerce, CA 90040, USA Req #2406
Tuesday, August 3, 2021
Commerce Casino is the world’s largest card casino offering more than 200 tables. Established in 1983, the casino values its staff of over 2,500 employees and is proud to be known as “Where the World Comes to Play.” Commerce Casino offers a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), vacation time, and much more!
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
We are looking for an ambitious and hardworking Hotel Food and Beverage Manager to join our team! In this position, you will take a lead in forecasting, planning, and controlling the ordering of food and beverages for Room Service, Banquets and Venues. You will also be expected to lead your team by an example.
You are highly organized and can work in an often-unpredictable environment to meet deadlines, all while maintaining a positive and professional demeanor.
The Hotel Food and Beverage Manager reports directly to the Director of Food & Beverage Operations. It is critical the person in this position is tactical and strategic. As the Hotel Food and Beverage Manager, you will lead the Restaurant, Bistro, Banquets, and In-Room Dining Service teams to execute the daily breakfast, lunch, brunch, and dinner services in our restaurants. We encourage our leaders to inspire and challenge each other to be their best. Collaborating with the Culinary Team to execute your restaurant concepts at the highest level, while maintaining and executing the Standards of Service for the Restaurant and Hotel Group, assuring success for Commerce Casino & Hotel.
1. Uphold and model the Commerce Casino principles and IHG Standards, and ensure your team also models the way our values drive collaboration, intuition, and hospitality.
2. Actively participate in recruitment, training, scheduling, supervising, coaching, and motivation of all Restaurant, Bistro, Bar, In-Room Dining Service and Banquet F&B associates in order to create an environment that nurtures ideas and develops future talent for succession planning in the Restaurant program; effectively use corrective action to address root causes of issues, course-correcting any missed opportunities.
3. Ensure timely set-up of the dining room and adhere to food & beverage standards and guest requests through active communication with the Culinary Department. Responsible for maintaining a strong guest and VIP relationship and ensuring all requests are communicated to staff.
4. Review all reservations and cover count reports to determine appropriate staffing levels and station assignments. Work with the Culinary team to effectively communicate all requests.
5. Manage inventory, control breakage/loss reduction of china, glass and silver related to restaurant services. Inspect and oversee the cleanliness and maintenance of all restaurant space, public areas, and service areas.
6. Assists in other food & beverage departments as needed.
7. Maintain regular communication with the F&B Management team to provide updates, discuss plans, communicate needs, and align on priorities, understanding that flexibility with your responsibilities is paramount to support a successful operation.
The duties listed are not set forth for the purposes of limiting the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the many duties normally to be performed under a position title or those to be assigned and performed temporarily outside of an employee’s normal line of work.
- Pay Type Salary
- 6131 Telegraph Rd, Commerce, CA 90040, USA