Michigan Canvass Manager 21
Organization: Community Outreach Group
Job Title: Michigan Canvass Manager
Community Outreach Group, through the principles and practices of community organizing, scales and grows partner organizations to achieve their goals by organizing with, hiring from and building for the communities they serve.
Community Outreach Group envisions a world where people, including the most marginalized, can express their truest selves, imagine infinite possibilities and feel radical joy, vulnerability and empowerment.
About the Position
Community Outreach Group is seeking an enthusiastic Michigan Canvass Manager to serve as a part of Planned Parenthood Federation of America’s (PPFA) organizing efforts to ensure mass COVID relief and equitable vaccine distribution for both Planned Parenthood patients and the broader public.
Canvass Managers will supervise 1-2 professional staff as well as a team of hourly canvassers and team leaders. As a Canvass Manager, you will hold responsibility for the day-to-day management of the canvass office, including taking primary responsibility for meeting goals, managing staff, payroll, recruitment, supporting team leaders, training, office culture and environment, turf, reporting, and quality control. Some of these duties will be delegated to supporting staff. If you’re fired up and ready to organize at an unprecedented moment in time, we urge you to apply.
Canvass Managers for COG’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with field leadership to develop and implement all components of a strategic canvassing operation in a key area
- Own the process of recruitment, hiring, and training of organizers
- Create a canvassing plan to break down campaign-wide goals into daily and weekly benchmarks
- Recruit, train, and supervise canvassers in each area
- Analyze daily and weekly reports to track progress to goals and implement rigorous quality control measures
- Communicate and coordinate as needed with client and/or partners
- Has strong ties in the community in which you are applying to work
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarity with advocacy or electoral campaigns
- Familiarity with or excitement to learn the use of data to set goals and measure progress
- Flexible and self-motivated to identify priorities and complete work without direct supervision
- Staff management experience as a volunteer leader, organizer, or canvass manager
- Ability to set goals and deadlines for other people, and helped them meet those goals or deadlines
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Licensed driver with access to a vehicle
- Has lead trainings or facilitated workshops
- Knows how to use the VAN voter database software, Excel, and/or Google Suite
- Experience with hiring and budget management
- Experience managing logistics or office operations
- Knowledge of and commitment to progressive causes
There is no formal education requirement for this position. Candidates with ties and familiarity with any of the following regions are strongly encouraged to apply: Wayne county, Oakland County, Kent County, Kalamazoo County, Ingham County.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time, exempt, mid-level position with the Community Outreach Group, with an annual base salary between $58,000-$62,000 depending on skills, experience, and qualifications. Full-time exempt employees are also eligible for a cell phone reimbursement up to $75/month, and employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance. This is a short-term position with an expected end date of June 30, 2021.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply on our website at www.knockdoors.org/jobs. We strongly encourage women, people of color, working-class, and LGBTQ people, as well as those with disabilities, to apply.
The Community Outreach Group, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Community Outreach Group, LLC is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Ingham County, MI, USA
- Kalamazoo County, MI, USA
- Kent County, MI, USA
- Michigan, USA
- Oakland County, MI, USA
- Wayne County, MI, USA