Virginia Deputy Canvass Manager
Organization: Community Outreach Group
Job Title: Deputy Canvass Manager
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Community Outreach Group, through the principles and practices of community organizing, scales and grows partner organizations to achieve their goals by organizing with, hiring from and building for the communities they serve.
Community Outreach Group envisions a world where people, including the most marginalized, can express their truest selves, imagine infinite possibilities and feel radical joy, vulnerability and empowerment.
About the Position
Community Outreach Group is seeking an enthusiastic Deputy Canvass Manager to serve as a part of Planned Parenthood Virginia PAC’s 2021 electoral organizing efforts. The Deputy Canvass Manager will help lead a team that is able to engage communities about a host of issues, while focusing on voter registration, persuasion, and GOTV on behalf of endorsed candidates along with issues related to sexual and reproductive rights.
Deputy Canvass Managers will supervise a team of hourly canvassers and team leaders. As a Deputy Canvass Manager, you will hold responsibility for the day-to-day management of the canvass office, including taking primary responsibility for meeting goals, managing staff, payroll, recruitment, supporting team leaders, training, office culture and environment, turf, reporting, and quality control. If you’re fired up and ready to organize at an unprecedented moment in time, we urge you to apply.
Deputy Canvass Managers for COG’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with field leadership to develop and implement all components of a strategic canvassing operation in a key area
- Assist the process of recruitment, hiring, training, and supervision of organizers
- Create a canvassing plan to break down campaign-wide goals into daily and weekly benchmarks
- Analyze daily and weekly reports to track progress to goals and implement rigorous quality control measures
- Communicate and coordinate as needed with client and/or partners
- Has strong ties in the community in which you are applying to work
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarity with advocacy or electoral campaigns
- Familiarity with or excitement to learn the use of data to set goals and measure progress
- Flexible and self-motivated to identify priorities and complete work without direct supervision
- Staff management experience as a volunteer leader, organizer, or canvass manager
- Ability to set goals and deadlines for other people, and helped them meet those goals or deadlines
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Licensed driver with access to a vehicle
- Has lead trainings or facilitated workshops
- Knows how to use the VAN voter database software, Excel, and/or Google Suite
- Experience with hiring and budget management
- Experience managing logistics or office operations
- Knowledge of and commitment to progressive causes
There is no formal education requirement for this position.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time, exempt, mid-level position with the Community Outreach Group, with an annual base salary between $48,000 - $52,000 depending on skills, experience, and qualifications. Full-time exempt employees are also eligible for a cell phone reimbursement up to $75/month, and employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance. This is a short-term position with an expected end date of November 2, 2021.
Community Outreach Group, LLC is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values quality, equity, innovation, transparency, bravery, and sustainability.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Virginia Beach, VA, USA