Organization: Community Outreach Group
Job Title: Organizer
Location: Austin, Texas
Community Outreach Group, LLC (COG) seeks seasonal organizers to join our team.
Community Outreach Group, through the principles and practices of community organizing, scales and grows partner organizations to achieve their goals by organizing with, hiring from and building for the communities they serve.
Community Outreach Group envisions a world where people, including the most marginalized, can express their truest selves, imagine infinite possibilities and feel radical joy, vulnerability and empowerment.
About the Position
Community Outreach Group is seeking enthusiastic organizers to serve as part of Texas for All’s organizing efforts around the Texas special legislative session.
Organizers will lead outreach, recruitment and event management for the coalitions’ organizing efforts to ensure our communities know how to get involved with events and organizing efforts throughout Texas. If you’re fired up and ready to organize at an unprecedented moment in time, we urge you to apply.
- Create and execute 1-2 in-person events with 15-20 participants.
- Assist in the recruitment and turnout of volunteers. Recruitment support through a call center will be provided.
- Conduct daily and weekly reporting on metrics and goals for organizing program
- Ensure date collection integrity through enforcement of quality control measures
- Effectively use technology tools to ensure accurate and timely data entry
- Provide on-site event support for organizing events
- Knowledge of and commitment to progressive causes
- Strong interpersonal skills, including comfort meeting and talking with new people
- Effective communicator face-to-face and in writing
- Curious and excited around movement building and grassroots organizing
- Excited to learn the use of data to set goals and measure progress
- Flexible and self-motivated to identify priorities and complete work independently
- Comfortable with technology, and can learn new tools quickly
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
Licensed driver with access to a vehicle
We especially encourage applications from people who bring some of these additional skills or experiences:
- Can tell us about their experience meeting goals and deadlines
- Has organized before (as staff, intern, or volunteer)
- Has strong ties in the city in which you are applying to work
- Knows how to use the VAN voter database software
- Knows how to use Excel
- Knows how to use Google email, documents, etc.
There is no formal education requirement for this position.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a short-term position, reporting to the Texas organizing manager. Positions are available in Austin, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. This is a full-time, exempt position with the Community Outreach Group, with an annual base salary of $50,000. Full-time exempt employees are also eligible for a cell phone reimbursement up to $75/month, and employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance. The anticipated end date of this position is September 23, 2021.
Please apply on our website at www.knockdoors.org/jobs. We strongly encourage women, people of color, working-class, and LGBTQ people, as well as those with disabilities, to apply.
The Community Outreach Group, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Community Outreach Group, LLC is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values quality, equity, innovation, transparency, bravery, and sustainability.
- Job Family Salaried Non-Manager
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Austin, TX, USA