Nevada Phone Banker
Organization: Community Outreach Group
Job Title: Phone Banker
Community Outreach Group, LLC (COG) seeks seasonal Phonebankers to join our team.
Community Outreach Group, through the principles and practices of community organizing, scales and grows partner organizations to achieve their goals by organizing with, hiring from and building for the communities they serve.
Community Outreach Group envisions a world where people, including the most marginalized, can express their truest selves, imagine infinite possibilities and feel radical joy, vulnerability and empowerment.
About the Position
Community Outreach Group is seeking enthusiastic phone bankers to serve as part of Nevada Education Fund for Planned Parenthood Affiliates’ organizing efforts to ensure mass COVID relief and equitable vaccine distribution.
Phone bankers will complete phone calls to ensure our communities have the information they need to access the COVID-19 vaccine. If you’re fired up and ready to organize at an unprecedented moment in time, we urge you to apply.
This is an entry-level role.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to:
- Make phone calls to answer FAQs about COVID-19 vaccines and assist with finding vaccination appointments to encourage our community to get vaccinated.
- There is no formal education requirement for this position.
- Must have stamina to talk on the phone for up to 6 hours per day.
- Flexibility to work weekdays and weekends.
- Ability to memorize and recite scripts and statements prepared and provided by COG regarding COVID-19 vaccines.
- Ability to collect information such as name, zip code,and/or email address for others to follow up regarding vaccination status and for quality control.
- Consistently meet daily and weekly conversation goals.
- Understand how to use a technology such as a computer, tablet, or smartphone to sign up for shifts and to track and submit data.
- Excellent communication skills including active listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work within a team and independently based on employer requirements.
- Good time management skills to fulfill goals within a specific period.
There is no formal education requirement for this position.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a short-term position with an expected end date of November 19, 2021. The position will be remote, reporting to the Call Center Manager and is compensated at $15 per hour. Based on performance, there is an opportunity to be promoted to a lead position that pays $17 per hour.
Please apply on our website at www.knockdoors.org/jobs. We strongly encourage women, people of color, working-class, and LGBTQ people, as well as those with disabilities, to apply.
The Community Outreach Group, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Community Outreach Group, LLC is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values quality, equity, innovation, transparency, bravery, and sustainability.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal