Digital Organizer - Volunteer Mobilization Specialist
Organization: Community Outreach Group
Job Title: Volunteer Mobilization Specialist
Community Outreach Group, through the principles and practices of community organizing, scales and grows partner organizations to achieve their goals by organizing with, hiring from and building for the communities they serve.
Community Outreach Group envisions a world where people, including the most marginalized, can express their truest selves, imagine infinite possibilities and feel radical joy, vulnerability and empowerment.
The stakes have never been higher for health care, abortion access, reproductive rights, and our democracy — and the opportunity has never been greater.
Access to sexual and reproductive healthcare faces an unprecedented threat as Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization heads to a Supreme Court with a six-justice conservative majority. And yet, a significant majority of people support access to abortion and sexual and reproductive healthcare.
In 2021, Planned Parenthood Federation of America, alongside a broad and diverse coalition that spans national and state and southern leadership, must mobilize supporters to demonstrate the strong, committed support for abortion access, making clear that not only do we reject further backsliding on access, but we demand greater protections for reproductive rights.
Community Outreach Group is seeking an enthusiastic Volunteer Mobilization Specialist to serve as a part of Planned Parenthood Federation of America’s digital organizing team. The Volunteer Mobilization Specialist will develop content and programs for the Planned Parenthood Federation of America 50-State Virtual Volunteer Program that will increase the calls and texts that each volunteer makes and the number of events that each volunteer attends. Retention strategies must center young people and Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC). Priorities will include managing the volunteer leadership team, and developing and facilitating volunteer facing training, building an online community for volunteers nationally, implementing creative team practices to build relationships, and supporting volunteer team leads to improve performance and repeat volunteer activity. The candidate should feel comfortable or open to learning how to run a data-driven program that values testing and innovation.
If you’re fired up and ready to organize at an unprecedented moment in time, we urge you to apply.
- Project management of the national virtual volunteer action call team that will support hundreds of volunteer leaders in order to engage thousands of volunteers and lead to thousands of supporter actions.
- Manage the national volunteer action team leaders to train and support team members to complete weekly volunteer activities and tasks.
- Train team leaders on how to facilitate and run national action calls and digital organizing training for volunteers across the country.
- Work with the Digital Organizing team to break overall goals down into smaller goals, develop timelines and work plans, and produce reports to tell the story of your team’s progress.
- Collaborate with the National Training and Patient Advocacy Team to develop volunteer-facing training that centers the lived experiences of patient advocates and supporters who are Black, Indigenous, and people of color.
- Create innovative engagement strategies to motivate volunteers in a virtual environment.
- Utilize digital tools such as Slack, Hustle, and Impactive to recruit, organize, and continuously engage a distributed volunteer network.
- Develop and manage a virtual volunteer workspace, such as Slack, to engage with and support volunteer team members and volunteer leaders.
- Ensure client and organizational satisfaction and completion of all program goals and obligations.
Applicants for this position should bring the following knowledge, abilities, and attitude:
- Experience running field or digital organizing programs, volunteer training or volunteer management.
- Expertise setting goals and deadlines with team members, and coaching volunteers to meet goals or deadlines.
- Strong data analysis skills, and the ability to read a report and incorporate learnings and findings.
- Understands or open to learning VAN voter database software, Hustle, Slack, Excel, Impactive, and Google Suite.
- Ability to engage with multiple stakeholders, communicate clearly and often.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including building relationships and engaging with new people.
- Maintain a positive, can do, and solutions-oriented attitude in tough situations.
- Flexible and self-motivated to identify priorities and complete work.
- Knowledge of and commitment to progressive causes and progressive management practices.
Willing and able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
We especially encourage applications from people who bring some of these additional skills or experiences:
- Excited to scale and grow volunteer teams nationally.
- Believes we have a unique opportunity to organize and mobilize virtual action in these unprecedented times.
- Has worked with volunteers, particularly those who are young people and/or Black, Indigenous, People of Color.
- Values centering equity and working collaboratively in teams with different stakeholders
There is no formal education requirement for this position.
This is a full-time, exempt, entry-level position with the Community Outreach Group, with an annual base salary of $47,000. Full-time exempt employees are also eligible for a cell phone reimbursement up to $75/month, and employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance. This is a short-term position with an expected end date of December 31, 2021.
Please apply on our website at www.knockdoors.org/jobs. We strongly encourage women, people of color, working-class, and LGBTQ people, as well as those with disabilities, to apply.
The Community Outreach Group, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Community Outreach Group, LLC is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
- Job Family Salaried Non-Manager
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Seasonal