Core States Group is consolidating its rapidly growing Energy market into a single Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) team. As a key part of the integrated design build team, you will work to drive high quality, efficient and quick delivery of energy and distributed generation projects across North America. The future of Energy is now, and we are building it.
Summary of Position:
As the EPC Electrical Project Engineer, you are responsible for designing energy market related projects from conception to completion utilizing a small team of electrical designers. You will apply your experience in the preparation of schematic and detailed electrical designs for cutting edge distributed and utility generation projects across north America. These projects may include stationary battery storage, solar, combined heat and power, generators, electric vehicle charging, hydrogen fueling, fuel cells and any combination thereof in microgrid applications.
As part of a multi-disciplined engineering, procurement, and construction team, you will be coordinating with on staff and/or outsourced site/electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, structural engineers, contractors, and construction project managers. You will be responsible for the production and quality of electrical engineering construction documents while adhering to client requirements, code requirements and project schedules.
- Act as electrical engineer of record for energy related projects.
- Manage electrical designer teams’ work assignments, schedules, quality, and support EPC team on electrical related matters as required.
- Provide training and mentorship to electrical design team.
- Design conceptual and detailed electrical site plans, one-line diagrams, electrical grounding schematics, load calculations, relay and controls diagrams, project specifications and similar for 480V – 34.5kV systems.
- Manage overall electrical projects schedule and quality.
- Conduct site feasibility research and site visit investigations.
- Assist in coordinating the work of a multi-disciplined team throughout the design development and contract document phases of a project.
- Coordinate and assist with addendums, RFIs, City plan check corrections, and change orders.
- Evaluate and suggest opportunities for process, design, and team improvement in the delivery of the projects
- Organize and maintain project files.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering required
- Licensure as Professional Electrical Engineer required
- 10+ years of experience with electrical design for commercial and/or energy projects. Protection and control and medium voltage experience a plus.
- Strong organization and communication skills
- AutoCAD and MS Office required; Revit and SKM a plus
- Demonstrate an understanding of basis of design, liability issues related to design and constructability and complex design
- Travel up to 20%
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
- Must be able to access and navigate job sites and construction areas
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
Core States is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.