Solar Project Designer
Summary of Position:
The Solar Project Designer is responsible for designing and drafting Solar PV projects under the guidance of Electrical Engineers/Project Managers. This includes: solar array layouts, system wiring, and power distribution. As part of a multi-disciplined firm, you will be coordinating with Site/Civil Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Structural Engineers, Architects and Construction Project Managers. You will be responsible for the production of electrical engineering construction documents while adhering to client requirements, code requirements and site adjustments.
- Assist with design tasks and reports under the direction of senior staff.
- Design tasks include:
- Creation of solar array layouts for rooftop, ground mount, and parking canopy systems.
- Perform module stringing, locate solar equipment and conduit runs.
- Determine conductor and conduit requirements.
- Use and maintain spreadsheets and other design tools.
- Perform site survey visits to gather information necessary to complete the detailed system design such as roof measurements and electrical service existing conditions.
- Assist in maintaining task budgets and project timelines.
- Coordinate and assist with addendums, RFIs, and change orders.
- Assist in coordinating the work of a multi-disciplined team throughout the design development and contract document phases of a project.
- Assist senior staff with the project approval process.
- Organize and maintain project files.
- Participate in customer meetings.
- Maintain documentation for billable hours.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basis of design.
- Demonstrate an understanding of building and electrical codes especially NEC Articles 690 and 705.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred
- 2-5 years of experience with electrical design for commercial-scale solar systems.
- Licenses: E.I.T. preferred, P.E. a plus
- Software: AutoCAD and MS Office required; Revit a plus
- Travel Up to 20%
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Core States is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Ontario, CA, USA
- Somerville, NJ 08876, USA