Electrical Project Engineer
Summary of Position:
The Project Engineer is responsible for designing and managing electrical engineering projects from conception to completion. He/she will apply his/her experience in: power distribution, lighting and fire alarm systems. As part of a multi-disciplined firm, he/she will be coordinating with Site/Civil Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Structural Engineers, Architects and Construction Project Managers. He/she will be responsible for the production of electrical engineering construction documents while adhering to client requirements, code requirements and site adjustments.
· Conduct site visit investigations and generate reports and recommendations based on findings.
· Produce design plans, calculations and reports with limited direction.
· Coordinate with sub-consultants.
· Provide client interaction support.
· Establish and maintain phase and task level budgets.
· Schedule project phases and tasks.
· Schedule production staff and lead them through tasks.
· Coordinate and assist with addendums, RFIs, and change orders.
· Assist in coordinating the work of a multi-disciplined team throughout the design development and contract document phases of a project.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
· Organize and maintain project files.
· Maintain documentation for billable hours.
· Demonstrate an understanding of liability issues related to design.
· Demonstrate an understanding of constructability and complex design.
· Experience: 4+ years of experience with electrical design for buildings, preferably with commercial projects such as retail or restaurants
· Education: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering required
· Licenses: P.E. required
· Travel: Up to 20%
· Physical: Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
· Software: AutoCAD and MS Office required; Revit a plus
- Dallas, TX, USA