Senior Construction Manager - Hydrogen Fueling
Core States Group is consolidating its rapidly growing energy market into a single Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) team. Team members will work closely with management from the early stages of sales through project completion as part of an integrated design build team driving high quality, efficient and quickly delivered renewable energy and distributed generation projects across North America. The energy future is now, and we are building it.
Summary of Position:
As a Sr. Construction Manager, you will be responsible for the profitable execution of the projects under your management including safe, on-time, on budget completion, adherence to corporate and contract compliance, quality control and customer satisfaction. You will be managing projects focused on retail hydrogen fueling infrastructure in California but will have exposure and responsibilities in other zero emission vehicle infrastructure and distributed generation technologies such as stationary battery storage, natural gas generators, and electrical vehicle charging. As part of a multi-disciplined firm, you will be coordinating with site superintendents, project coordinators, project engineers and architects.
· Deliver high quality retail hydrogen construction projects to customers that are safe, on time, on budget.
· Participate as an integral part of the design build team in the delivery of the projects from constructability and design reviews, budget preparations, safety reviews, schedule preparations and into construction activities.
· Prepare, manage, and execute construction contract obligations for reporting, schedule, safety and other KPIs.
· Financial management of project including regular budget and AP/AR reviews, subcontracting, buy-outs, change orders, and similar.
· Participate in weekly construction update meetings within internal and external stakeholders.
· Prepare detailed and 2 weeks look ahead project schedules showing sequence of activities and key milestones.
· Work closely with onsite supervisors, subcontractors, safety manager and quality manager for field issue resolutions, scheduling, inspections, and other site activities.
· Identification & procurement of long lead materials, specialty trades requirements, or similar project requirements constraints.
· Prepare, update, and execute project plans and reports as required.
· Regular visits to assigned projects.
· Other assignments.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in construction related field, or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience.
· 10+ years of experience as a construction manager
· 5+ years in hydrogen, CNG, RNG, petroleum industrial or retail site construction management.
· Experience with ZEV or distributed energy projects (Battery, Generator, Solar, EV Charging, etc.) a plus.
· Software: MS Office, Primavera MS Project preferred
· Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and communication skills.
· Demonstrated familiarity with building codes and ordinances.
· Demonstrated experience with construction methods and practices, especially as it pertains to high pressure gas systems.
· Travel up to 25%
· Ability to lift up to 10lbs.
· Must be able to access and navigate job sites and construction areas.
Core States is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Ontario, CA, USA