Civil Project Designer
Duluth, GA, USA ● Tampa, FL, USA
Wednesday, August 25, 2021
Summary of Position:
As a Civil Project Designer, you will be responsible for designing and drafting Civil Engineering projects under the guidance of Project Engineers and Project Managers. This includes site layout, utility design and profiles, erosion and sediment control, SWPPP preparation and stormwater management. As part of a multi-disciplined firm, you will be coordinating with Architects, MEP Engineers, Structural Engineers, and Construction Project Managers. You will be responsible for the production of civil engineering construction documents while adhering to client requirements, code requirements, and site adjustments.
- Assist with design tasks and reports under the direction of senior staff.
- Conduct site feasibility research, site visit investigations, and generate reports and recommendations based on findings.
- Assist with responses to construction RFI’s and submittals.
- Assist in coordinating the work of a multi-disciplined team throughout the design development and contract document phases of a project.
- Assist senior staff with the project design and approval process.
- Maintain task budgets and schedule.
- Coordinate with authorities having jurisdiction through all phases of the project.
- Organize and maintain project files.
- Maintain timesheets daily.
- Demonstrate an understanding of fundamentals of design.
- Demonstrate an understanding of codes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required
- Experience: 0-5 years of site/civil production, preferably with commercial projects such as retail, hospitality, and/or fueling
- Licenses: E.I.T. preferred but not required
- Software: AutoCAD and MS Office required; Civil3D, TR-20, TR-55, HEC-1, HydroCAD, Hydraflow, HEC-RAS, WaterCAD, and other design software a plus
- Travel up to 20%
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Core States is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.