Summary of Position:
As the Project Designer, you will be responsible for designing and drafting architectural projects under the guidance of Project Architects/Project Managers. As part of a multi-disciplined firm, you will be coordinating with MEP, Site/Civil, and Structural Engineers, as well as Construction Project Managers. You will be responsible for the production of architectural construction documents while adhering to client requirements, code requirements and site adjustments.
· Assist with design tasks and reports under the direction of senior staff.
· Conduct site feasibility research and site visit investigations. Generate reports and recommendations based on findings.
· Assist in maintaining task budgets.
· Coordinate and assist with addendums, RFIs, and change orders.
· Assist in coordinating the work of a multi-disciplined team throughout the design development and contract document phases of a project.
· Assist senior staff with the project approval process.
· Organize and maintain project files.
· Maintain documentation for billable hours.
· Demonstrate an understanding of basis of design.
· Demonstrate an understanding of codes.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Architecture required, Master’s degree a plus
· 2-5 years of architecture production, preferably with commercial projects such as retail or restaurants
· Software: AutoCAD, MS Office, Photoshop, and Adobe; Revit and SketchUp a plus
· Travel up to 20%
· Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
Core States is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Ambler, PA 19002, USA
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Somerville, NJ 08876, USA
- St. Louis, MO, USA
- Tampa, FL, USA