Admin - Shipping & Receiving
Performs manual and clerical duties related to the shipment and receipt of materials, supplies, equipment and finished products shipped via internal freight fleet or third party LTL carrier. Maintain necessary files and documentation.
Typical shipping activities include checking goods against shipping documents and authorizations. Verify identification and quality of product, check inventory system for incoming materials against bills of lading, packing slips, etc., verifying nomenclature, identification and quantity of the materials. May be tasked with performing ancillary duties related to Production Expediting coordinating the movement of materials throughout the plant.
- May occasionally perform activities related to the receiving materials such as unpacking of goods; checking against bills of lading, packing slips, etc., identification and quantity; maintaining records of goods received; rejects damaged, excess or misdirected goods.
- Experienced in SAP or have a willingness to learn SAP
- Strong customer service experience
Experience in Shipping/Receiving is required.
- Must have very good knowledge of technology to include computers and software programs such as MS Office word processing, spreadsheets or other programs specific to the job in order to complete duties successfully.
- Must have very good oral and written communication skills.
- Requires very good organizational skills sufficient to accomplish work by established deadlines and ability to coordinate phases of work with others.
- Ability to work overtime when needed
- Job Family OFF
- Pay Type Hourly
- Warren, MI, USA