Accounting - AP Coordinator
SUMMARY STATEMENT/ POSITION OVERVIEW
The Accounts Payable Coordinator role is responsible for the accurate and timely payment of all vendors of the HLG entities. The Accounts Payable Coordinator works closely with the AP Supervisor, Accounting Managers, Shipping and Receiving departments, Buyers and various department heads throughout the company to post invoices including resolving discrepancies and reconciling to vendor statements.
- Performs a three way match of purchase order, packing slip and vendor invoice.
- Processes all invoices for the select HLG companies on a timely basis, including follows up with department heads for authorization, account numbers, etc.
- Processes weekly invoices for payment Processes check/ or ACH vouches and files closed invoices.
- Processes manual checks and inputs into accounts payable system on a timely basis.
- Participates in the monthly closing process by ensuring that all invoices are posted in accordance with the monthly closing calendar.
- Creates debit memos when necessary.
- Assist with the quarterly reconciliation of vendor statements and advises AP supervisor of discrepancies.
- Interacts with vendors to resolve invoices and payments issues
- Completes credit applications as requested by vendors.
- Handles all calls and email inquiries for assigned vendors.
- Deposits accounts receivable checks into bank accounts daily.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Accounts Payable Supervisor or Accounting Managers.
- Vendor invoice posting in SAP.
- Excellent customer service skills,
- Effective communication skills, written, verbal and interpersonal,
- Proficient time management, organizational skills and ability to meet established deadlines,
- Experience and/or knowledge of Foreign Wire Payments,
- Facilitate payment resolution between all responsible parties (Vendors, Buyers, Approvers) etc.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of the purchasing cycle and accounts payable process
- Basic understanding of all accounting functions and good mathematical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate to advance Excel skills
- Ability to use all Microsoft Application
- Experience using SAP
Hollingsworth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Hollingsworth complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Hollingsworth expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hollingsworth Logistics Group's employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
NOTICE: As of May 1, 2007, Hollingsworth prohibits the hiring of new employees who show the use of tobacco with the exception of employment in California and West Virginia.
- Job Family OFF
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- 14225 Warren Ave, Dearborn, MI 48126, USA