Retail Marketing Manager
Position: Retail Marketing Manager
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Director of Brand & Consumer Marketing
Status: Full-Time (Exempt)
Tepper Sports & Entertainment, the parent company for the NFL’s Carolina Panthers and Charlotte FC, is actively seeking a creative and passionate Retail Marketing Manager to oversee the retail operation for both teams and Bank of America Stadium with the goal of elevating brand awareness, fan affinity, engagement and revenue for the brands through the retail and merchandising platforms for all properties and events.
This role is responsible for serving as the main point of contact for the third-party retail operator and stadium operations to ensure all aspects of the retail operation run efficiently, including product assortment and buys, on-site setup and customer service for Panthers, Charlotte FC and third party events, e-commerce platform operations and overall omnichannel experience.
- Serve as liaison with third-party retail operator to ensure stadium store operation, e-commerce and all buying runs smoothly for both clubs
- Oversee creation of and execute retail promotional calendar across both clubs
- Lead successful retail promotion campaigns, from strategic development to implementation and analysis
- Develop seasonal retail activation plan and briefs for Creative Services and brand marketing in collaboration with store operator and social teams
- Work with both NFL and MLS consumer products divisions as well as official licensees on product assortment details and approvals
- Serve as main point of contact internally that oversees coordination of promotional product sourcing for the organization
- Develop local artist collaboration program and boutique product marketing portfolio
- Ability to identify new lines of revenue through disruptive licensing partnerships in non-traditional categories
- Partner with brand marketing to establish retail revenue growth targets
- Maintain brand consistency and support brand strategy throughout all retail activities
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to utilize retail to expand team brands in the region, whether within current footprint or third-party retail, pop up shots, etc., throughout the Carolinas
- Other duties assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of professional experience in retail marketing
- Knowledge of consumer retail landscape is a must, as is an understanding of emerging trends in the consumer products space
- Must be flexible to work evenings and/or weekends and all Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Football Club and Stadium events, including events held on weekends, nights, and holidays
- Must pass pre-employment screens
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or fashion management
- Fashion/Merchandise buying experience
- Strong understanding of digital – online marketing/e-commerce experience
- Prior sports and/or entertainment industry experience
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to achieve desired outcome
- Self-starter with a hands-on approach, good instincts for prioritization and the ability to work under a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, project management and communication skills
- Agile and able to respond effectively to the rapidly changing needs of a fast-paced / high-growth organization
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Must be able to handle confidential, privileged, and/or sensitive information with carefully and with sensitivity.
- Ability to sit, walk and stand for extended periods of time throughout the day.
- Ability to focus on projects for periods of time.
- Role routinely uses standard office equipment
- Lift at least 20 pounds
This job operates in a professional office environment (mostly office environment, outside in a stadium facility at times which may include inclement weather conditions) and remotely as assigned by management and based on current business needs.
- Pay Type Salary
- Charlotte, NC, USA