Business Strategy & Analytics Manager
Position: Business Strategy & Analytics Manager
Department: Business Strategy & Analytics
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Director of Business Strategy & Analytics
Status: Full-Time (Exempt)
The Business Strategy & Analytics (BSA) team at Tepper Sports & Entertainment, the parent company for the NFL’s Carolina Panthers and Charlotte FC, is actively seeking a Business Strategy & Analytics Manager to help drive business performance and fan experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, high-performing work environment.
This team member will have a direct hand in developing strategies for almost all departments of Tepper Sports & Entertainment, including ticket sales & service, corporate partnerships, community relations, digital & email marketing, retail, concessions, and stadium operations.
- Lead business intelligence, CRM, ticketing / pricing, and strategic projects primarily for the Panthers
- Drive projects to improve revenues & profitability, business efficiency, and fan experience
- Identify, structure, and solve key business and operational problems and opportunities
- Build and present high-quality data visualizations, dashboards, presentations, and reports for organization-wide use, including executive management and third parties
- Analyze sales and marketing campaign performance and deliver insight for how to iteratively improve engagement
- Oversee maintaining and validating CRM, data warehouse, and surveys. Guide collection, organization, and expansion of these tools; maintain and enhance workflow rules and business logic
- Support Panthers fan feedback initiatives through surveys, real-time feedback, and reporting
- Provide recommendations to the Ticket Sales and Service leadership team on how best to leverage our CRM to execute on their strategic vision
- Drive analysis behind optimizing season-ticket and single game pricing
- Develop detailed financial and analytical models to further business performance and deal negotiation
- Manage younger team members, including several direct reports, to deliver results
- Other duties assigned as necessary.
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field
- Five+ (5+) years of work experience within sports, preferably for a team
- Advanced experience with SQL or other database languages
- Power user of the MS Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint) and the Google suite (Slides, Docs, Sheets)
- Experience managing people
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Must be flexible to work evenings and/or weekends and all Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Football Club and Stadium events, including events held on weekends, nights, and holidays
- Must pass pre-employment screens
- Experience with CRM (Microsoft Dynamics, Salesforce, KORE Software)
- Experience with data science and statistical software (R, Python, SAS)
- Experience with Ticketmaster/Archtics
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to achieve desired outcome
- Self-starter with a hands-on approach, good instincts for prioritization and the ability to work under a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, project management and communication skills
- Agile and able to respond effectively to the rapidly changing needs of a fast-paced / high-growth organization
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Must be able to handle confidential, privileged, and/or sensitive information with carefully and with sensitivity.
- Ability to sit, walk and stand for extended periods of time throughout the day.
- Ability to focus on projects for periods of time.
- Role routinely uses standard office equipment
- Lift at least 20 pounds
This job operates in a professional office environment (mostly office environment, outside in a stadium facility at times which may include inclement weather conditions) and remotely as assigned by management and based on current business needs.
- Pay Type Salary
- Charlotte, NC, USA