Partnerships Business Analyst
Position: Partnerships Business Analyst
Department: Business Strategy & Analytics
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Director of Business Strategy & Analytics
Status: Full-Time (Exempt)
The Business Strategy & Analytics (BSA) team at Tepper Sports & Entertainment, the parent company for the NFL’s Carolina Panthers and the MLS’ Charlotte FC, is actively seeking a Partnerships Business Analyst. This team member will have a direct hand in leveraging both internal and third-party data sources to assist the BSA team in developing, implementing, and maintaining a data-driven strategy to support Corporate Partnerships sales and service efforts for the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte FC, and Tepper Sports & Entertainment initiatives.
- Develop deep understanding of key partner initiatives to drive an objective-led approach to partnership engagement and identify KPIs for those initiatives for client consumption
- Utilize internal and external research to build data visualizations that demonstrate overall partnership performance and critical benchmarking metrics
- Partner with the Corporate Partnerships department to drive analytical insights, evaluating and identifying areas of opportunity and action to enhance bottom line results.
- Guide inventory/rate card evaluation and pricing methodology across all properties
- Use SQL queries to organize, interpret, translate, and present data from the internal data warehouse, as well as leverage information from other data providers (e.g GumGum, Nielsen, YouGov) for discussion with Corporate Partners.
- Assist the Corporate Partnerships department’s identification of new sales prospects and monitor League and industry trends to identify opportunities for new sales prospecting.
- Other duties assigned as necessary.
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field
- At least two years of relevant experience within sports, preferably for a team
- Power user of the MS Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint) and the Google suite (Slides, Docs, Sheets)
- Experience with Tableau, Power BI, or other data visualization tools
- Must be flexible to work evenings and/or weekends and all Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Football Club and Stadium events, including events held on weekends, nights, and holidays
- Must pass pre-employment screens
- Experience with CRM (Microsoft Dynamics, Salesforce, KORE Software)
- Experience with syndicated research platforms such as YouGov and Scarborough
- Experience with SQL or other database languages
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to achieve desired outcome
- Self-starter with a hands-on approach, good instincts for prioritization and the ability to work under a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, project management and communication skills
- Agile and able to respond effectively to the rapidly changing needs of a fast-paced / high-growth organization
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Must be able to handle confidential, privileged, and/or sensitive information carefully and with sensitivity.
- Ability to sit, walk and stand for extended periods of time throughout the day.
- Ability to focus on projects for periods of time.
- Role routinely uses standard office equipment
- Lift at least 20 pounds
This job operates in a professional office environment (mostly office environment, outside in a stadium facility at times which may include inclement weather conditions) and remotely as assigned by management and based on current business needs.
- Pay Type Salary
- Charlotte, NC, USA