Youth Football Coordinator
Position: Youth Football Coordinator
Department: Community Relations
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Director of Community Relations
Status: Full-time (Exempt) position
The Youth Football Coordinator position is responsible for implementation and support of all youth and high school football efforts and messaging, as well as Play 60 youth fitness and wellness efforts. The coordinator serves as a liaison between all youth and high school football programs in North and South Carolina, as well as the NFL and related team partners.
- Work with Director to develop the youth football strategic vision of the Carolina Panthers.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of youth football community outreach programs.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of Play 60 community outreach programs.
- Actively develop new relationships within the youth football community and understand current affairs of youth football in the market.
- Expand current and/or develop new youth football and Play 60 programming as needed.
- Manage database of youth and high school football contacts.
- Responsible for securing various grants for local football programs and projects.
- Assist in program assessment and goal setting for the upcoming year.
- Assist in producing annual comprehensive summary of all outreach.
- Manage website content.
- Develop and maintain yearly budget for all youth football programs.
- Accountable for ensuring youth football-based programs, which include sponsor elements, reach fulfillment.
- Coordinate youth football game day elements.
- Support all current and new community outreach efforts.
- Assist with intern responsibilities and assignments.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Sports Management, Marketing or a related field
- At least two (2) years of experience in community relations, public relations, youth/high school football or project/event management
- Experience in youth / prep programs, specifically related to football
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and USA Football programming.
- Must be flexible to work evenings and/or weekends and all Carolina Panthers and Stadium events, including events held on weekends, nights, and holidays
- Must be willing to travel
- Must pass pre-employment screens
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment with ability to multi-task and collaborate
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must exhibit professionalism when interacting with staff, members of the media, and players/coaches
- Must exhibit professionalism as it relates to budget management and meeting deadlines
- Must adapt, with minimal advance notice, to changes in how business is conducted and work is accomplished.
- Must be able to handle confidential, privileged, and/or sensitive information with carefully and with sensitivity.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills.
- Act as a role model within and outside the Carolina Panthers Organization
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strength in public speaking and event management
- Ability to work with diverse groups
- Ability to handle physical rigors of event set up, break down and related job functions.
- Leadership skills with the ability to conceptualize, execute, and see projects through to completion
- Computer savvy
- Standing and walking outdoors for extended periods of time
- Sitting and working at desk on a computer
- Walking throughout the stadium
- Lift at least 30 pounds
- This job operates in a professional office environment (mostly office environment, outside in a stadium facility at times which may include inclement weather conditions) and remotely as assigned by management and based on current business needs. This position also requires travel to various off-site events
The Carolina Panthers are an equal opportunity at-will employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin.
- Pay Type Salary
- Charlotte, NC, USA