Reporting Relationship: Reports to Associate General Counsel
The Paralegal position supports the day-to-day activities of the Legal Department and all business units of the TSE family. This includes assisting in the preparation of legal documents, managing the status of pending and completed agreements, assist in the management of litigation (including but not limited to workers’ compensation and employment matters); execution and implementation of legal approvals and working closely with business units to identify and assist with the departments legal needs.
- Manage the process of preparing, distributing and executing a high volume of agreements, amendments, renewals and other related documentation.
- Manage the administration of workers compensation claims and issues, including preparing document production and discovery responses.
- Assist in-house counsel in litigation matters including working with outside counsel to respond to discovery and other requests.
- Manage the day-to-day prosecution and maintenance of TSE trademark and copyright portfolios, including approving team and partner uses.
- Update, organize and maintain corporate governance documents and assist with business filings (state filings and annual reports).
- Assist in the enforcement of company and stadium policies and league rules across the various teams and departments.
- Participate in special projects as requested.
- Support in-house counsel by performing other tasks and duties as required and necessary.
- Paralegal certification, an associate degree in paralegal studies or Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience
- At least 2 years of professional legal experience
- Experience at a law firm and/or corporate legal department
- Demonstrated broad and practical knowledge of the law and general business acumen
- Ability to work extended hours and/or weekends as required based on deadlines and event scheduling
- Excellent proofreading ability and strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Must pass pre-employment screens
- Prior sports and/or entertainment industry experience
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to communicate effectively with a variety of contacts, including outside attorneys, senior management and business associates
- Strong research, analytical, and investigative skills; ability to document and present findings in a clear and concise manner
- Make sound business judgements, and flexibility/adaptability to prioritize, organize, manage and complete time sensitive matters
- Superior written and oral communication, analytical and organizational skills
- Highly motivated individual capable of working in a fast paced, complex environment
- Ability to work independently and willing to work in a collaborative environment
- Must be able to handle confidential, privileged, and/or sensitive information with care and sensitivity
- Ability to make sound decisions and exercise independent judgement and discretion with integrity and accountability, while working in a fast-paced, high-demand, and sometimes strenuous environment
- Clearly and concisely communicate ideas and facts with others
- Highly proficient in MS Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Sitting at a desk and computer for long periods of time.
- Bending, standing, reaching, kneeling, and lifting technology equipment and office materials.
- Walking throughout the stadium facility, sometimes for an extended period of time.
This job operates primarily in a professional office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Pay Type Salary
- Charlotte, NC, USA