Equipment Training Camp Intern - 2021
Position: Equipment Training Camp Intern
Work Schedule: Varies based on training camp schedule and business needs. Includes night and weekend hours.
Pay: Minimum wage ($7.25/hour)
This position will assist the Head Equipment Manager and the Assistant Equipment Manager with day-to-day operations of the Equipment Department while learning how a professional football team equipment room operates.
- Assist the Equipment staff with transportation of equipment to and from camp and set-up
- Issue, collect, and maintain equipment
- Assist coaches at practice including setting up drills and ball spotting
- Wash, fold, and handle daily laundry of staff and players
- Other duties in equipment room as needed
- Undergraduate degree or current undergraduate student
- Some experience working with a collegiate football team as a student manager or equipment room experience with a professional team
- Must be able to work from mid-July through August 22nd. Definitive work period will be known once the camp schedule has been determined.
- Flexibility in work hours – must be available to work on nights and weekends
- Must have good communication skills
- Teamwork – must be able to work with others
- Must pass pre-employment screens (background and drug)
- Must provide own transportation to and from our training camp site
- Currently performing a similar function
- Has a professional interest in the Equipment Management field
- Lifting, stooping, standing, walking – physical demands include continuous activity for extended periods of time
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs
- Camp will be held at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, NC as well as at Wofford College in Spartanburg, SC. Housing, meals, and work clothes will be provided.
- In an equipment room, locker room and outside on the practice fields
- Various weather conditions including extreme heat and inclement weather
- Work varies based on training camp schedule and business needs. Work schedule includes night and weekend hours.
The Carolina Panthers are an equal opportunity at-will employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Panthers Football, 800 South Mint Street, Charlotte, North Carolina, United States of America