Reporting Relationship: Reports to Facility Manager
The Plumber position will assist with all plumbing operations at Bank of America Stadium. Position will be required to fix and install plumbing fixtures. Plumber is responsible for building PMs, as well as, maintaining existing systems.
- Analyze the operation of the various systems, determine the cause of any problem/malfunctions and takes corrective action as required.
- Oversees operation, repair, P.M. and install new piping and valves relating to building water piping/plumbing systems; determine frequency of repair and/or P.M. of systems and report all issues to Lead Plumber and MEP Manager.
- Over all skills in plumbing fixtures, including but not limited to; toilets, Urinals, Showers, sump pumps, PRV maintenance and repairs, etc. in commercial applications.
- Understands the engineering design and operational aspects of the building and Building codes. Must be able to immediately recognize system shortcomings, troubleshoot and respond to operational and emergency situations.
- Position will be called upon to review logs to ensure proper operation of equipment; responsible for reporting any problems/malfunctions on an as need basis.
- Interface with projects to ensure the right resources from the Mechanical Electrical Plumbing Team are consulted and informed.
- Direct the performance of contracted maintenance work as needed. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to, ensuring the timely performance of maintenance contract work, overseeing the fulfillment of equipment warrantee obligations by the installer and securing equipment manuals and drawings from the installers/contractors. Safety/EHS Compliance.
- Checks malfunctioning equipment and ascertains corrective action required to restore to satisfactory operating condition.
- Respond and notate on all work orders.
- Coordinates with business unit representatives to understand their needs and ensure the work scheduled takes into account the operational windows for repair.
- Recommend and estimate facility repairs and improvements for inclusion in the annual budget and capital expenses
- Prioritize all PM’s, corrective and emergency work orders for the site (annual, monthly, weekly, and daily). Schedule and assign work with the assistance of the work order scheduler/planner.
- Ensure that work is performed efficiently with a minimum amount overview with no disruption and inconvenience. Track completion rate and outstanding work orders. Drive team efficiency, provide oversight, and support as needed.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Familiar with a CMMS work order system
- Experience with maintenance and repairs in a commercial facility
- This position is required to work nights and weekends during seasons as necessary
- Must pass pre-employment screens
- Expertise in cast iron piping and drain cleaning machines.
- Exposure to piping/plumbing systems, gas/electric water heater repairs and replacement.
- 5+ years of experience in commercial facility with extensive history of experience with waste drains, pH water treatment, and any HVAC experience a plus.
- Highly motivated individual capable of working in a fast paced, complex environment
- Ability to work independently and willing to work in a collaborative environment
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and meet deadlines with accuracy
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects under very tight timelines
- Superior written and oral communication, analytical and organizational skills
- Clearly and concisely communicate ideas and facts with others
- Ability to sit, walk and stand for extended periods of time throughout the day.
- Ability to focus on projects for periods of time.
- Role routinely uses standard office equipment, tools, lifts, and mechanical equipment
- Lift at least 30 pounds
- Overhead work / working at heights required.
This job operates in all areas of the stadium both inside and outside. At times it may include inclement and extreme weather conditions.
- Pay Type Hourly