TIG Welder, Pure Guard - Weekend (FRI-SUN)
This position is with our company Pure Guard, which manufactures a welded stainless steel exhaust duct system coated with our proprietary hybrid fluoropolymer PureGuard coating. Our combination of welded stainless substrate and proprietary PureGuard coating satisfied all testing requirements necessary to gain Factory Mutual standard 4922 approval for corrosive fume and smoke exhaust without sprinklers.
Pure Guard in Phoenix, Arizona, employs an exceptional team of hardworking, quality focused individuals, a number of whom have been here since the very beginning! We are passionate about safety and committed to providing our customers with the best, safest, most environmentally responsible products in the industry.
SIGN-ON BONUS ELIGIBLE - $1,500 / $2,000 after probationary period
The primary responsibilities of this position include performing GTAW (TIG), GMAW (MIG), SMAW, and PAC welding in a manner that ensures the production of our high-quality line of PSP® products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Set up the work area, select and verify the material for production, and meet the daily welding production and quality demands of the Weld Shop.
- Weld the following in different positions and on different gauges: stainless steel, galvanized, black iron and aluminum.
- Troubleshoot the welding equipment.
- Comply with health, safety, (including OSHA), and environmental procedures, and ensure the cleanliness of the area.
- Continue to learn and expand one’s capacity within this job by increasing knowledge and skill base
- Perform various other assignments per supervisor’s direction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong GTAW, GMAW welding skills and a knowledge of how all the equipment operates.
- Can speak and understand basic English with an emphasis on complying with: directions, fundamental shop safety procedures, and production standards.
- Extensive layout skills
- Able to read and understand cut sheets and blueprints thoroughly.
- Knowledge of basic weld symbols
- Knowledge of basic metallurgy
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Math skills to include basic arithmetic and geometry
- Toolbox with all the required tools of a welder
- Can accurately read a tape measure to 1/16"
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general technical procedures. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups.
Ability to apply basic mathematical skills and analyze mathematical trends in data.
Ability to identify problems, collect information, establish facts, and suggest solutions. Ability to develop and support conclusions. Ability to analyze questions from groups and respond appropriately.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift and move material. The employee frequently is required to walk, bend, lift and use arms, hands and fingers to reach, lift, handle, and feel products. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move products up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud. Hearing and eye protection are mandatory.
Critical Process System Group offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package that includes: Annual Performance-Based Bonuses, Pay Based on Skill Level and Overtime Potential – Earn Extra Money! Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Short/Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance. 401k deferral and match program, PTO and Paid Holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
Perfect Attendance Recognition with Monetary Awards, Discounted Gym Membership, Paid Volunteer Time Off, Above & Beyond Recognition, Free Boots and Company Gear, Wellness Program with challenges, incentives and rewards all year!
Just for Fun: Taco Truck Day, Wellness Fair, Cornhole Tournaments, Fun Contests with Prizes, Birthday Recognition, Smoothie Truck Day
If you are looking for a future with a company known for its inventiveness and passion for progress, look no further...... your career is right here!
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1010 S 65th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85043, USA