TIG Welder - Lead, Weekend (FRI-SUN)
This position is with our company Pure Guard, which manufactures a welded stainless steel exhaust duct system coated with our proprietary hybrid fluoropolymer PureGuard coating. Our combination of welded stainless substrate and proprietary PureGuard coating satisfied all testing requirements necessary to gain Factory Mutual standard 4922 approval for corrosive fume and smoke exhaust without sprinklers.
Pure Guard in Phoenix, Arizona, employs an exceptional team of hardworking, quality focused individuals, a number of whom have been here since the very beginning! We are passionate about safety and committed to providing our customers with the best, safest, most environmentally responsible products in the industry.
SIGN-ON BONUS ELIGIBLE - $1,500 / $2,000 after probationary period
Provide specific hands-on coordination and task direction to team members regarding job training, cross-training, job assignments, and problem-solving events within the assigned area; Work collaboratively with the production supervisor and Team Leads in leveling work and sharing staff resources to meet production needs in a LEAN environment; Work as an integral part of a production team, performing quality checks, moving product in and out of work areas, and assisting with production as needed; Assist production supervisors monitoring individual and department performance as appropriate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
- Interact with team members and co-workers in a professional and ethical manner
- Accurately prepare training documents, production sheets and reports and paperwork as required
- Assist in maintaining a motivated and disciplined environment
- Keep work area safe, clean and orderly
- Demonstrate job duties to team members, observe member performance to ensure compliance with safety regulations, production procedures and TWI methods and documentation
- Encourage team members to stay on task and remain at their assigned workstation
- Monitor quality standards performed and level of quality of product produced in the work area
- Clearly communicate production and quality goals
- Help direct on-going initiatives (5S, TWI, Cross-Training, etc) at opportune times
- Run team meetings, group meetings, and participate in a variety of projects as assigned
- Set up jobs as directed in accordance with applicable standards ensuring minimal deviation
- Learn and adapt to computer and software applications required in the production area
- Work with other Leads to balance work and/or resources throughout the production area
- Keep supervisor apprised of issues related to team members performance including attendance, work ethic, cooperation, and production discipline
- Ensure tasks are assigned based on individual capabilities of members of the production team
- Assist production supervisor with performance evaluations in the quality/quantity aspects to allow for proper recognition and input into performance evaluations
- Ensure worker safety by implementation and enforcing safety policies and procedures
- Stewardship responsibility for company assets and resources
- Represent the company in a positive and professional manner at all times
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Direct supervision of Team-Leads and front-line production staff in the assigned production area; Work collaboratively with other production supervisors and team-leads on key aspects of production.
Education and Qualifications
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2-years of production at Pure Guard or related industry
- Some form of leadership experience preferred, but not required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience assisting in schedule preparation, guiding and directing the work of others, and providing timely positive and constructive feedback
- Demonstrated ability to effectively give feedback to team-members regarding job-skill performance, task speed and quality levels
- Familiar with MS Word and Excel applications, demonstrate proper computer etiquette
- Ability to read and interpret production schedules and job-work-orders
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively and engage employees in decision-making
- Experience in a high-volume production environment desired
- Ability to read, write and speak English; communicate clearly and effectively; interpret complex production documents; and respond effectively to employee inquires or concerns
- Present information and field questions in a thoughtful and professional manner
- Maintain a calm approach when faced with disagreements or differences of opinion
- Self-motivated needing minimal direction
- Ability to perform basic mathematical equations
- Demonstrated ability to work with others in an environment of collaborative problem-solving
- Ability to apply basic trouble-shooting skills to solve production-related problems
- Standing for long periods of time
- Occasionally lifting (up to 50 lbs. unassisted)
- Environment susceptible to seasonal hot and cold temperatures
- Characteristics include periodic noise increases from manufacturing processes
- Safety glasses and other required protection must be worn when out in the manufacturing area.
Critical Process System Group offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package that includes: Annual Performance-Based Bonuses, Pay Based on Skill Level and Overtime Potential – Earn Extra Money! Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Short/Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance. 401k deferral and match program, PTO and Paid Holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
Perfect Attendance Recognition with Monetary Awards, Discounted Gym Membership, Paid Volunteer Time Off, Above & Beyond Recognition, Free Boots and Company Gear, Wellness Program with challenges, incentives and rewards all year!
Just for Fun: Taco Truck Day, Wellness Fair, Cornhole Tournaments, Fun Contests with Prizes, Birthday Recognition, Smoothie Truck Day
If you are looking for a future with a company known for its inventiveness and passion for progress, look no further...... your career is right here!
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1010 S 65th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85043, USA