Continuous Improvement Engineer - Fab-Tech, Inc
Fab-Tech, Inc. in Colchester, Vermont, employs an exceptional team of hardworking, quality focused individuals, a number of whom have been here since the very beginning, 30+ years ago! We are passionate about safety and committed to providing our customers with the best, safest, most environmentally responsible products in the industry.
This position will play a key role in growing our business. This role will be responsible for expanding business capacity, enhancing production capability, and improving operational efficiency. This person will work closely with operations, corporate engineering, sales, supply chain and logistics management to satisfy internal and external customers. The successful candidate will foster an atmosphere of success through teamwork, accountability, transparency, and continuous improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Continuous Improvement Engineer will work to develop and implement our continuous improvement strategies, delivering on financial and key performance indicator (KPI) improvements across the business. This includes establishment of:
- Lean business culture
- Quantifiable process improvements across the business
- Executing Lean principles at the manufacturing site
- This position will need to coach, mentor and facilitate within the business and across functional organizations to create a culture that embraces flow, value stream mapping, waste elimination, standardized work, information flow, problem solving, strategy deployment and continuous improvement
- Key focus areas will be:
- Leadtime reduction
- Improve Shop floor efficiency
- Introduction of hybrid agile operational cells across the facility
- Lead and execute the Lean Transformation and tactical plan development for the business.
- Drive an understanding of waste and it’s cost at all levels of the organization.
- Work with Senior Staff to establish annual goals and objectives. Develop and maintain the necessary policies, records, documentation, procedures, and practices to effectively and efficiently achieve the objectives and commitments to the organization
- Champion continuous improvement activities with a focus on measuring, analyzing, and improving KPIs.
- Coach and mentor the team in the deployment of lean to the production technician level.
- Create and foster a teamwork atmosphere that encourages kaizen activity and supports Continuous Improvement activity.
- Coordinate standard work activity making sure all processes that need standard work and work rules have them.
- Collaborate with business leaders to share best practices and lead standardization across sites.
- Collaborate/support Manufacturing with regards to:
- Standardized Work Instructions (creation/maintenance)
- Material flow/logistics topics (Kanban charts, visual charts, material presentation, etc.)
- Provide analytical data for baseline information regarding performance in all functional areas of the business.
- Provide data that is quantifiable in terms of savings and efficiencies in relation to the execution of CI related projects.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or related field;
- Six Sigma certification preferred
- A Lean Expert with a minimum of ten years of manufacturing experience that includes operations leadership with at least five years’ experience leading both Lean strategic initiatives and tactical Lean improvements.
- Experience working directly with the supply chain base and using Lean to drive cost reductions is highly preferred.
- Industry background that includes working in project-based/engineered-to-order, low volume/high mix, and metals manufacturing environments.
Critical Process System Group offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package that includes: Annual Performance-Based Bonuses, Pay Based on Skill Level and Overtime Potential – Earn Extra Money! Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Short/Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance. 401k deferral and match program, PTO and Paid Holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
Perfect Attendance Recognition with Monetary Awards, Discounted Gym Membership, Paid Volunteer Time Off, Above & Beyond Recognition, Free Boots and Company Gear, Wellness Program with challenges, incentives and rewards all year!
Just for Fun: Taco Truck Day, Wellness Fair, Cornhole Tournaments, Fun Contests with Prizes, Birthday Recognition, Smoothie Truck Day
If you are looking for a future with a company known for its inventiveness and passion for progress, look no further...... your career is right here!
- Pay Type Salary
- 480 Hercules Dr, Colchester, VT 05446, USA