Production Planner - Fab-Tech, Inc - SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE
Fab-Tech, Inc. in Colchester, Vermont, employs an exceptional team of hardworking, quality focused individuals, a number of whom have been here since the very beginning, 30+ years ago! We are passionate about safety and committed to providing our customers with the best, safest, most environmentally responsible products in the industry.
SIGN-ON BONUS ELIGIBLE - $1,500 after probationary period
The primary responsibilities of this position include the development and implementation of the production planning process and prioritization of customer requirements to optimize production, minimize delays, and ensure that deadlines are met. Serves as a liaison between departments to ensure operating cadence meets customer requirements and is ultimately responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of the production process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and related work may be assigned as necessary.
- Evaluate customer orders to create suitable production schedules.
- Estimate the amount of material, equipment and labor required for production.
- Coordinate production operations in accordance with material, labor and equipment availability.
- Facilitate the daily production dashboard meeting and track action items and deliverables.
- Coordinate with all teams to expedite flow of materials and documents to meet production schedule and customer expectation.
- Promptly address and resolve production issues and effect changes to production schedules to minimize delays and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Develops, collects, and assesses data about the production and team's performance.
- Interact with department supervisors daily to determine progress and completion dates, and to help optimize manufacturing efficiencies.
- Troubleshoots problems that occur during production, including staff shortages and machinery malfunctions
- Prepares reports related to production processes for upper management and suggest ways to improve efficiency.
- Develop and achieve departmental/company goals and controls. Make suggestions for improvement in areas of cost reduction, processes, quality and productivity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet strict deadlines.
- Prior experience in a production planning role within a manufacturing setting.
- Prior experience developing a production planning system
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Understanding of MRP/ERP software systems.
Minimum Education, Certifications and Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Business related field
Certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) is desirable, but not required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Minimum of 5 years’ proven experience working as a Production Planner/Scheduler.
Deadline-driven and detail oriented.
Analytical problem solver.
Good communications skills.
Critical Process System Group offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package that includes: Annual Performance-Based Bonuses, Pay Based on Skill Level and Overtime Potential – Earn Extra Money! Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Short/Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance. 401k deferral and match program, PTO and Paid Holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
Perfect Attendance Recognition with Monetary Awards, Discounted Gym Membership, Paid Volunteer Time Off, Above & Beyond Recognition, Free Boots and Company Gear, Wellness Program with challenges, incentives and rewards all year!
Just for Fun: Taco Truck Day, Wellness Fair, Cornhole Tournaments, Fun Contests with Prizes, Birthday Recognition, Smoothie Truck Day
If you are looking for a future with a company known for its inventiveness and passion for progress, look no further...... your career is right here!
- Pay Type Salary
- 480 Hercules Dr, Colchester, VT 05446, USA